Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 743 times)

MFARM

• Happy Cooker
« on: March 14, 2019, 02:28:40 PM »
Greelings from Northeast Pa.
I am new to the WKC but no stranger to the charcoal.
I am the second owner of a 22in kettle that was going to be put out with the trash if I didn't want it. Boy did I ever. It was in rough shape but I didn't care I now owned a Weber. That was 14 years ago and that ketthe has served me faithfully. Today I just took delivery of a 26 in kettle brand new. I look forward to being part of the community. Thank you.

FarmerQue

• Smokey Joe
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 02:31:19 PM »
Welcome.  Just joined today myself.  Also debating on purchasing a 26" kettle too.  Whats the first cook on the new grill going to be? 

MFARM

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 02:33:25 PM »
I m thinking babybacks , a request from the wife and welcome !

MFARM

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 02:36:21 PM »
To me though the posibilities are now endless. I was very fortunate that I was able to purchase this new grill with recognition points earned from my job they convert over to a gift card so it really cost me nothing except going to work .

MFARM

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 02:40:37 PM »
And just to show I'm not a charcoal snob (he he) I purchased a Weber Genesis Silver gen 1 at a garage sale for 35 bucks, a new set of grates and a tank and that's my go to when I want to grill after work in a hurry or its 15f out in the winter.

MFARM

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 02:44:39 PM »
But in all seriousness,  I've used the 22 for many years and there have been multiple occasions hosting parties or having family and friends over that I wished for more grill space. It is always bettet in my book to have it and not need it , rather than need it and not have it. Imho.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 02:51:06 PM »
Welcome from Plainfield Indiana!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FarmerQue

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 02:57:40 PM »
Getting a 26" for almost "free" seems like a great idea to me.  And friends and my growing family is the main reason I am looking to upgrade from a 22" myself.  Ribs seem like a fitting first cook.

MFARM

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 03:02:38 PM »
It's a zen like experience for me , I set my grill up , get the meat on , light a cigar or pipe depending on my mood , turn on some jazz or Sinatra , sip some Burbon or Crown Black and be at peace.

MFARM

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 03:04:46 PM »
Of course depending on the crowd, it could be Zepplin, the Beach Boys and beer. The one constant is the grill.

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 04:00:26 PM »
Welcome from Virginia Beach, VA.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2019, 02:40:06 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga I believe you will fit right in here, cigar, bourbon, grill my favorite trio
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill