Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Forum categories for each kettle type  (Read 2813 times)

Bonar

• Smokey Joe
Forum categories for each kettle type
« on: June 07, 2013, 01:53:53 PM »
I would like to suggest a category for each type of kettle be created so research and help on specific kettles is easily found and organized. Or at least grouped as follows;

Smokey Joe's/Silver and Gold
Platinum and Jumbo Joe's
18.5 to 22.5 Kettles
26.5 Kettle
Ranch Kettle

Thoughts 8)

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Forum categories for each kettle type
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 07:09:18 PM »
Interesting.....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 02:59:37 AM »
I really like the site the way it is , it's easy to navigate and the forum page is not busy like other sites
If you can't find the answer using the search, just post the question again
The other great thing about this site is the positivity and the fact that everyone wants to help out
So even if your asking a question that's been asked a hundred times before someone will answer it or provide a link to a previous discussion
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 07:38:26 PM »
Thank you for taking the time and energy to think of improvements and suggest them :)

Right now, deeper segmentation and categorization would make the site less engaging and more difficult to navigate.  (kinda like the recipe sections - which really need to be simplified)

I'm exploring some options to 'tag' topics - that way it will be easy to see all the 'smokey joe' topics without actually creating ultra specific categorization :)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 08:10:54 PM »

"I'm exploring some options to 'tag' topics - that way it will be easy to see all the 'smokey joe' topics without actually creating ultra specific categorization"

^^^^^^ That would be better than the "sticky" idea I've been thinking about all along.....

As it is growing, we'd have to "sticky" too many things & it would get confusing & cluttered !!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 09:40:21 PM »
Yeah I agree with the stickys
That other site has half a page worth of stickys in each section which bores me
I normally just go to the latest post and have a read or if I have a question I just ask the Brains Trust on here
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 02:38:52 AM »
Yeah I agree with the stickys
That other site has half a page worth of stickys in each section which bores me
I normally just go to the latest post and have a read or if I have a question I just ask the Brains Trust on here

The only way it might be useful / work here is to have one (only one !!! ) extra section of just fixed in place "Stickies" of the most informative threads, with a short description as to why or what they're about......

sometimes it's hard to go back & find stuff.......... :o

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 02:19:50 AM »
You could be right there Buckie
Today I tried to find the thread on taking apart the H pattern cleaning system
I'm pretty sure Brian did a tutorial on it, but after 5 mins of searching I gave up
This kinda stuff is handy as a reference guide
                            WKC Collaborator

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 04:27:18 AM »
It's possible.......I love the Smoke Ring, it's my original home ,where I started out, but it does have some of that stuff talked about above: not much activity going on for long periods in some sections, some sections kinda overlap,etc........

Not the end of the world, but it does lose a bit of vibrancy when that happens...........as a counter point, the mod there will add a section, if there's enough stuff being generated to warrant it, check out the "Flat Top & Griddle Grilling" section over there.....one guy posted a bunch of stuff & it was enough to make it happen...............

I totally get Troy's idea & motivation to keep things lively & interesting & uncluttered.........A+ on that !!!!

We are  ALSO generating what's becoming a HUGE amount of information & IMhumbleO, that would benefit from a way to keep the cream of the crop of that info readily accessible & available