Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Almost Tuscan Trout  (Read 626 times)

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
Almost Tuscan Trout
« on: February 02, 2019, 03:23:01 PM »
I was planning to pick up some Sockeye, so I started soaking an Alder plank before heading out to the HT.  When I got there I found that they also had some fresh caught Rainbow Trout filets on sale, so a quick change of plans . . .

When I got home a started looking up recipes for grilled Rainbow filets and came across this one.  I didn't have any sage, so, being that I'm Italian, I just subbed in some basil and I didn't have any white wine vinegar, so I subbed in Balsamic.  Oh, and I only had 3 filets, but since it was just me, I figured, let's go for it ! ! !

Added my one of my favorite sides . . .

And, of course, a little lubricant . . .

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
Re: Almost Tuscan Trout
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 05:02:29 PM »
I was planning to pick up some Sockeye, so I started soaking an Alder plank before heading out to the HT.  When I got there I found that they also had some fresh caught Rainbow Trout filets on sale, so a quick change of plans . . .

When I got home a started looking up recipes for grilled Rainbow filets and came across this one.  I didn't have any sage, so, being that I'm Italian, I just subbed in some basil and I didn't have any white wine vinegar, so I subbed in Balsamic.  Oh, and I only had 3 filets, but since it was just me, I figured, let's go for it ! ! !

Added my one of my favorite sides . . .

And, of course, a little lubricant . . .

BD
Nice martini!

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 04:33:34 AM »
Rainbow trout and a martini, nothing wrong with that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Mike Huff

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 01:28:58 PM »
Very nice!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 02:20:25 PM »
Looks like a well balanced meal to me! I'd hit it!