Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grillfella Confessions  (Read 17004 times)

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Re: Grillfella Confessions
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2019, 07:45:07 PM »
I have garbage bags hidden in my wife's vehicle for the same reason.

I keep garbage bags in my cars in case I find a greasy kettle that needs a ride.

Thats not a confession.  That is super clever!  Guess I need to add large heavy duty garbage bags to the list!
regards,
Hal

wgjones3

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #91 on: June 24, 2019, 06:05:13 PM »
- I paid $180 for a brand new Master Touch with P-vents, even though I’d already paid $130 for a new-in-box Master Touch without P-vents, and could have bought a twice-used Master Touch without P-vents for $60.

- I still haven’t cooked with P-vents

- While I was trying to decide if P-vents were worth the extra money, I bought a $25 22” original kettle after driving over an hour to pick it up, thinking I was buying a 26” kettle (seller kept saying he didn’t know what size it was, just that it was the “big Weber”)

- I’ve cooked and smoked on that $25 almost exclusively since I got it home

- The best steaks I make are on my Jumbo Joe, and I have no plans to ever cook steak on the kettle

- I use lighter fluid to light baskets in the Jumbo Joe

- I let my now-fiancé talk me into letting her use a full full-size chimney in my Smokey Joe… every time she cooked. It isn’t really usable as a grill anymore.

- I taught myself how to cook on my Smokey Joe, bought in 2013

- I miss my Smokey Joe a lot

- I never once felt like the Smokey Joe was too cramped, but I immediately felt like the Jumbo Joe that replaced it was too small. Last night, grilling in the rain during a power outage, I felt like my 22” was too small and now I want a 26”… even though I still haven’t used my Master Touch.

- I want a cool new colored Weber, but I know I’ll get sick at my stomach the moment it starts looking dirty.

- I passed on a used-once 18” WSM last week because I really don’t think I’d use it.

- I’ve never cooked with briquettes, only lump

- I didn’t realize that my dad’s hamburgers tasted the way they did because he used so much lighter fluid until I started grilling for myself in my Smokey Joe.

- I asked for a Smokey Joe Premium for my birthday JUST to have a small grill with a lid bale to cook burgers on.

- I believe Weber CharBaskets are the greatest grilling accessories ever invented and they have changed my grilling life

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2019, 06:17:02 AM »
I let my now-fiancé talk me into letting her use a full full-size chimney in my Smokey Joe… every time she cooked. It isn’t really usable as a grill anymore.

I don't understand this statement. how did the chimney ruin the Smokey Joe?
Power Corrupts, But Absolute Power Is Kinda Cool!

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2019, 07:47:11 AM »

I keep garbage bags in my cars in case I find a greasy kettle that needs a ride.

Me too!
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.

wgjones3

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2019, 10:12:29 AM »
I let my now-fiancé talk me into letting her use a full full-size chimney in my Smokey Joe… every time she cooked. It isn’t really usable as a grill anymore.

I don't understand this statement. how did the chimney ruin the Smokey Joe?

A full-size chimney is way too much charcoal for a 14 inch grill. Over time, bad things happen.

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2019, 11:47:42 AM »
-i really don't know how many kettles i have.

-i have several kettles in the house, some still in their box, some wrapped in cellophane so i can see them AND keep them clean.

-the patio has been populated by so many kettles for a couple years now, there is no room for anything else.

-for fun i go to the patio and lift a cover to see what's hiding underneath- "Oh yeah, I remember you!" or, "Cool! I forgot about you!"

-i use one of my SSPs to transport an 8K A/C unit from storage to the window it goes into.

-it's possible my Weberitis has become a neurosis. :p
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2019, 01:12:58 PM »
-for fun i go to the patio and lift a cover to see what's hiding underneath- "Oh yeah, I remember you!" or, "Cool! I forgot about you!"

Sell a ticket to someone else with Weberitis.  You can pull one cover for $X and it is yours.  Maybe they get luck, maybe you get lucky lol.
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2023, 07:39:38 AM »
- I have several grills and grill parts which I purchase from fellow WKC members still sitting in their boxes in my garage.

- I have yet to finish and post one of my many kettle projects which I have all the parts for.

- Not really a confession, but I'm down to my last 3 bags of Weber Charcoal Briquettes, since being discontinued.

- I have yet to post a cook on here.

- I recently purchased a used Stok Drum Kettle for $10 bucks, and no new replacement parts are available to restore it. Stok went out of business couple of years ago.

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2023, 07:54:56 AM »
I appreciate you RRR!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2023, 08:01:13 AM »
I spent more on grills this year than I spent on the kids (4 combined) last Christmas.

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2023, 08:45:08 AM »
@Gringo That would almost be considered a sin, if a "Weberitis" diagnosis was never discovered by the WKC!

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2023, 06:22:47 PM »
I have 37 grills,  but don't really need them all
There are 20+ Webers on the property here.
I have 40+ watches too.
I don't need them either.
But they are mine.  ;D
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2023, 11:54:03 AM »
Junkyard style,  haven’t kept up with grill grates and keeping kettles organized!  This is have the crew in a townhouse atmosphere!  “I’ll get to it soon” ;-)

kbraker

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2023, 05:30:41 AM »
I was given a 22in Kettle, would never buy one new, on sale or not

I don’t have any fancy accessories, but my cousin has a SlownSear that he said we would send me

I’m more of a pellet guy, have a vertical smoker, regular grill/smoker and a Weber SmokeFire that’s huge and not very well designed( but that was free too for the kettle guy)

Only reason I have a Kettle is for when we lose power…

Pulled pork is my least favorite thing to have and make. Most places that make it don’t do it very well…

When possible, I don’t pay more than 7–8 dollars for a 20 pound bag of pellets. Clearance is my jam.

I save my unburned charcoal lumps to reuse.