Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grillfella Confessions  (Read 18479 times)

CurtP

• WKC Brave
Re: Grillfella Confessions
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2019, 04:52:50 AM »
Gasoline is better at starting coals than lighter fluid. Try and change my mind

randy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2019, 04:54:45 AM »
☝️yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2019, 08:16:00 AM »
Other than spraying them off with a hose, I haven't bothered cleaning a single grill until I acquired an 18" yellow last week.

I barely started using a razor on my red mist SSP that, when not in use, had been kept inside a warehouse for several years & before that allegedly inside an airplane hanger (that the previous owner lives in).  But, I quickly said, to hell with it, I'm going to cook on this thing anyway.
regards,
Hal

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2019, 07:51:27 AM »
I think it's been more than three years since I did a deep cleaning on any of my kettles or gassers. I have six+ in my current rotation and they all get used. I'm lucky if I remember to empty the ash catchers and drip trays, let alone get out the razor scraper.

Marty
Retired

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2019, 08:29:09 AM »
I've never used a charcoal grill...

I haven't used a grill in 11 years...

I'm poor as a pauper and can't even afford a $90 Jumbo Joe...
Power Corrupts, But Absolute Power Is Kinda Cool!

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2019, 12:49:03 PM »
Ok, I got one. I cooked a big brisket for 14 hours on a Brinkmann one time and I couldn't figure out what to do with the huge pan full of drippings the next day when I pulled if off around 10 A.M. I was tired from staying up too late drinking beers and babysitting the smoker. The air control on that model was just not very good. I said to myself, what the hell, and I dumped the water pan down the kitchen sink  and ran hot water from the tap for about 5 minutes. Day or two goes by, all is well.

Then I'm washing some clothes and the wash water backs up out of the washer drain. I call the plumber, he comes over and says who dumped brisket drippings down the drain? I said man, you're a good plumber. He laughed and said it's not just because I'm a plumber, I also cook brisket. And he had another 150 reasons to laugh that day but at least my drains worked and I found a reliable plumber...
Beer! It's what's for dinner...

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2019, 05:12:29 PM »
If you, or a friend, ever visits the Chicago area & has the room for a grill, I can probably hook you up with a Weber charcoal grill (assuming I haven't already gotten rid of all the damn black ones I've accumulated for the "extras" that came with them).  There are a couple I'll be keeping, for sentimental reasons or whatnot. 

I'll even share a wee drop, or two, of my Tullamore Dew with you.

regards,
Hal

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2019, 06:02:55 PM »
I had a family Thanksgiving when I was a kid where the host relative was serving a smoked ham.  All was well until their family dogs got ahold of it.  Rather than throwing away the ham, the relative removed the part that the dogs had chewed on and still served it.  The real confession is that part of the family, myself included, warned one another to not eat the ham.  Several others ate it none the wiser that the real secret sauce was dog slobber.
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2019, 07:29:23 AM »
If you, or a friend, ever visits the Chicago area & has the room for a grill, I can probably hook you up with a Weber charcoal grill (assuming I haven't already gotten rid of all the damn black ones I've accumulated for the "extras" that came with them).  There are a couple I'll be keeping, for sentimental reasons or whatnot. 

I'll even share a wee drop, or two, of my Tullamore Dew with you.

thank you for that very kind offer! alas, we live literally polar opposites of the continent...I'm up in Prince Rupert, BC, which is at the bottom end of Alaska on the West Coast and you're almost the bottom end of the East Coast. :( 

that said, if you're ever yup here, perhaps I'll give you a few drops of my 18 year old Wisers Red Label Rye ;)

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2019, 09:16:22 AM »

I didn't take this post seriously. If I remember you posted some amazing food pics. Sorry to hear about your financial condition. I've been there, believe me. But things can change in a minute. You never know when you're gonna step in something good :)

Marzipan

• WKC Brave
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2019, 11:30:35 AM »

I didn't take this post seriously. If I remember you posted some amazing food pics. Sorry to hear about your financial condition. I've been there, believe me. But things can change in a minute. You never know when you're gonna step in something good :)

hmmm...I think you must have me mixed up with someone else. I'm new to the forums...only been a member for a few months now and the only only pictures I've posted are of the custom desk my son in law made for me and a spice rack for my brother in law.  hee hee! :D

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2019, 11:39:01 AM »

hmmm...I think you must have me mixed up with someone else. I'm new to the forums...only been a member for a few months now and the only only pictures I've posted are of the custom desk my son in law made for me and a spice rack for my brother in law.  hee hee! :D

Who knows? Anything is possible at my age ;)

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2019, 06:13:32 PM »
I'm actually in the Midwest, not even the east coast of Lake Michigan.  But, yeah, that would be quite a hike.  I've driven Chicago to Phoenix & back a number of times, but that is peanuts in comparison.

I once sold one of those trailer hitch platforms to a guy from Alaska who took a plane here, just to buy a used 4 wheel drive vehicle.  He said he did it every couple of years because anything with 4wd costs an arm & a leg by him, so he'd drive them around for a while, then resell them.  He bought the platform because there is a long stretch, at least partially through Canada where there is not a gas station for a very long time & you had to bring extra gas to be safe, so he was going to strap a bunch of gas cans to the platform.  Thought that was pretty wild.  Although I also ran into a Mexican who would buy used pickups trucks in Chicago & then sell them in Mexico. 

thank you for that very kind offer! alas, we live literally polar opposites of the continent...I'm up in Prince Rupert, BC, which is at the bottom end of Alaska on the West Coast and you're almost the bottom end of the East Coast. :( 

that said, if you're ever yup here, perhaps I'll give you a few drops of my 18 year old Wisers Red Label Rye ;)
regards,
Hal

SteveMBH

• WKC Brave
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2019, 07:28:25 PM »
I applied at Weber once...  never received a call back.

I have one grill in the attic above the garage that no one knows about (until now).

I keep garbage bags in my cars in case I find a greasy kettle that needs a ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2019, 07:30:25 PM »
I keep garbage bags in my cars in case I find a greasy kettle that needs a ride.

Thats not a confession.  That is super clever!  Guess I need to add large heavy duty garbage bags to the list!
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.