Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Anyone ever consider meal prep?  (Read 3073 times)

SixZeroFour

Re: Anyone ever consider meal prep?
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2018, 02:04:10 PM »
Incredible Charlie - huge props for stepping up and doing this! That man's tears of joy alone must have instantly made the effort worthwhile.

Here's wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas.

So with a couple of coolers loaded with warm meals, we headed towards downtown on Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, to hand out meals.   I had never done anything like this before, and I won’t lie, I was a little nervous.  The first person we gave a meal asked if I could open the box and unwrap the plastic utensils because her hands were too cold.  Another man started crying because he could share his food his family (we gave him two more meals).  We met veterans, prostitutes, and people with obvious mental health issues; all were thankful and non-threatening.  My earlier nervousness and apprehensions disappeared and as our food supply quickly dwindled, I vowed I would do this again before Christmas.  My only regret is not making more food, but that’s okay, turkeys went on sale right after Thanksgiving!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2018, 04:16:59 PM »
Very nice Charlie!  Was it that cold in Jacksonville?  The homeless down there have it made compared to our northern homeless. I’ve thought about doing something similar but never did it. Good on you for thinking about and actually executing. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2018, 05:53:10 PM »
Nice work Charlie [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2018, 04:39:52 AM »
Charlie, you are the real deal brother. I’d shake your hand if I could. That’s absolutely inspiring. Thanks for sharing that man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2018, 02:27:59 PM »
Great job Charlie.I'm inspired to do the same in my area.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2018, 06:12:04 AM »
Charlie, what a great thing to do. God bless you and your bride brutha!!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2018, 08:55:31 AM »
I just saw this post, Charlie, that's amazing.  Something for me to think about.

Travis, congrats on the weight loss, I am inspired for the year ahead...I've gained about 30 lbs the last two years, and would like to go the other way.

Good job all around guys!
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!