Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Anyone ever consider meal prep?  (Read 3076 times)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Anyone ever consider meal prep?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2018, 06:54:43 AM »

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Anyone ever consider meal prep?
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2018, 06:55:33 AM »
Soooo you're a prepper huh?

I have clue what I’m looking at, but I’d love to have that outfit, especially when cleaning the bathroom after the kids...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2018, 08:24:00 AM »
I don’t know what I’m making yet but I’m going to make my weeks meals today. Another good excuse to fire up the kettles. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2018, 03:29:25 PM »
I’m prepping. Windy as hell but not bad in the smoke shack.

Don’t confuse the drink. It’s Diet Coke.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2018, 03:58:55 PM »
I’m prepping. Windy as hell but not bad in the smoke shack.

Don’t confuse the drink. It’s Diet Coke.

Looking good man. You can also go on YouTube and search meal prep ideas for hundreds more recipes. Hope you enjoy it. [emoji106][emoji106]

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2018, 05:10:52 PM »
I have recently started travelling and last weeke was first- my  kids missed the food so preparing - dinner ( chicken legs) , lunch for school -thighs ( for chicken quesadilla) and chicken patties ( for Tuesday schools lunch )

Looking for Colored 18 MBH

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2018, 06:09:11 PM »
I have recently started travelling and last weeke was first- my  kids missed the food so preparing - dinner ( chicken legs) , lunch for school -thighs ( for chicken quesadilla) and chicken patties ( for Tuesday schools lunch )

That looks incredible. Be safe traveling man

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2018, 05:49:24 AM »
Congratulations on the weight loss my friend! I really wish I could do lunches for each day of the week but no microwave in my car. Lol [emoji23].  I take cold cuts when I can. The more I save on eating out the more grills and grilling I can do.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

nvandyke

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2018, 07:07:47 AM »
Awesome!  I had some health issues and have recently been eating healthier and cutting out junk (no more pop was the hardest).  I don't individually portion leftovers like you do, but when I'm grilling chicken and veggies (i love grilled vegetables) I always make more than the wife and I need, and use the the leftovers for healthier lunches/dinners during the week.  Haven't touched fast food in months.  Great work on the weight loss and overall healthier lifestyle.  Keep it up!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2018, 05:00:30 AM »
Half way through my first week of healthy meal prep. Love it!  I had no idea this was a thing. It combines everything I love. Cooking and eating. [emoji3]

I’m pretty excited about figuring out what to make for next week.

It’s so easy in the morning. Just grab my meal out of the fridge and go.

foshizzle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2018, 09:15:38 AM »
This Lunch bag is awesome. The freezer packs are built into the bag so you put the whole bag in the freezer and no need to transfer the cold packs every day. Makes it a little more convenient in the morning. Have had mine for over 2 years now and still going strong. They also make a few other styles too. This along with a Hydro Flask Yeti type drink container and you’re all set. My office is jealous when I’m eating BBQ all week long, those Paleo type diets are great. Eat more meat and not gain the weight.

PackIt Freezable Classic Lunch Box, Camo https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019DMFO5Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_OgE2BbEV371FT

« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 09:19:49 AM by foshizzle »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2018, 10:40:45 AM »

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2018, 08:02:48 AM »
Thanks to Travis for this thread’s inspiration....

We see our fair share of homeless people down here in Jacksonville.  Sometimes I’ll give them whatever loose change or single dollars I have, but I always wonder whether they’re truly going to get something to eat, or just get their next substance fix. 

I saw this post a couple months ago and decided I would put forth just a little bit more energy and, in conjunction with my meager profits flipping grills, start giving warm meals instead of cash. 

A quick trip to our local Restaurant Depot yielded the necessary to-go containers and a couple of huge pork shoulders.  Because dry beans are much cheaper than canned, I made the baked beans from scratch using Catskillsmoker’s maple syrup and maple sugar among other ingredients.  I used Rub’s Swamp Boys rub on the shoulders and Swamp Boy’s BBQ sauce in the finished pulled pork.  I also made a basic cornbread in the oven.  Once all the food was finished, I weighed out 8 ounces of meat, 6 ounces of beans, and two pieces of cornbread per individual serving.  By this time, my wife figured out what I was doing, and took it upon herself to make “doggy bags” with dry dog food and a couple of dog treats to hand out as well.  (Why do so many homeless people have dogs?)

So with a couple of coolers loaded with warm meals, we headed towards downtown on Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, to hand out meals.   I had never done anything like this before, and I won’t lie, I was a little nervous.  The first person we gave a meal asked if I could open the box and unwrap the plastic utensils because her hands were too cold.  Another man started crying because he could share his food his family (we gave him two more meals).  We met veterans, prostitutes, and people with obvious mental health issues; all were thankful and non-threatening.  My earlier nervousness and apprehensions disappeared and as our food supply quickly dwindled, I vowed I would do this again before Christmas.  My only regret is not making more food, but that’s okay, turkeys went on sale right after Thanksgiving!

Thanks for looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2018, 08:08:06 AM »
A very worthy effort by you Charlie, a warm meal will always warm a heart, my hat is off to you fine sir!!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

nvandyke

• WKC Brave
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2018, 10:05:12 AM »
Very nice of you to do that.  I'm not bashing food they would get from a shelter...but what a cool idea to share some quality, homemade food!  Hats off to you sir!