Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Machaca  (Read 1225 times)

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
Machaca
« on: June 02, 2013, 04:46:32 PM »
Got this idea from an episode of Diners, drive- ins and dives. Served up on corn tortillas with sour cream, sautéed  onions and peppers . Seared the meat and then put it in the Lodge with all the mixings and simmered for about 3 hours until the meat was fork tender....it was falling apart.

If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

HankB

• WKC Performer
Re: Machaca
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 05:58:00 PM »
Seared the meat and then put it in the Lodge with all the mixings and simmered for about 3 hours until the meat was fork tender....it was falling apart.
OK, man - you're toying with us now.  ??? That looks really good. What are "all the mixings?"
kettles, smokers...

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 06:00:16 AM »
Yes please share, that looks really good!

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 01:02:24 PM »
This is the recipe that we are working off of.
http://cookingtothegoodlife.com/post/554631421/ancho-coffee-braised-tacos
We use chuck roast instead of brisket because we don't like the texture of  brisket and it is so stringy when you eat it pulled. We also use domestic coffee . The first time we made this we tried to get all of the ingredients as close as possible but you can sub some of the stuff like the coffee if you can't get  the type  recipe calls for. To me the mail things that will stand out in this dish are the cinnamon , the coffee and the wine. If you use chuck cook it until it is fork tender and shreds easily but do not overcook it or the meat will turn to mush. The corn tortillas are a must as well, they add huge to the overall flavor of this dish!
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 06:34:14 PM »
That looks gooood....