Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Decline in WKC Participation: Thought's and Suggestions?  (Read 17848 times)

GrillGiant

• WKC Brave
    • GrillGiant
Decline in WKC Participation: Thought's and Suggestions?
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2018, 08:56:09 AM »
I run the WKC GrillGiants Facebook group so, most of my time is spent there. I’ll do the best I can to post more in here and have been trying to do so lately. I’m not very savvy with technology so the Facebook interface is much easier for me to navigate and interact with. Also, I love the ability to instant message and video chat via messenger. With saying that, both Troy and myself have been absolutely swamped this year between work and running the sites, groups, meet-ups etc. You all couldn’t imagine how much time is actually spent. So, I’d like to thank brother Troy for making this all happen and even if your (his) contributions have been lighter this year, it’s still an incredibly heavy load and I hope everyone knows this. It’s extremely difficult to juggle work life, family life, and “hobby” life while satisfying everyone’s needs and wants. I hope everyone here knows they are welcome to join us on Facebook, I know you all may not use it, but maybe give it a try! It’s a lot of fun, we do giveaways, and we currently have nearly 4400 members since April! Jump in, the water’s warm! Hope everyone is having a blessed Weber day! #GrillOn [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grill on! and Go CUBBIES!!!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Decline in WKC Participation: Thought's and Suggestions?
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2018, 10:26:53 AM »
Thanks Troy. I appreciate you brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Chuck Brichta

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2018, 10:27:44 AM »
I think everyone is just busy. WKC need to be on fb every day,just to be out front.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2018, 11:30:48 AM »
Facebook is an entirely different breed of social platform. It's built around quick and easy engagements that go away within days.

I think FB communities are great for exposure and casual interactions, but the WKC forum is where the most hardcore will live and the most authoritative content will thrive.

GrillGiant

• WKC Brave
    • GrillGiant
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2018, 11:32:40 AM »
Facebook is an entirely different breed of social platform. It's built around quick and easy engagements that go away within days.

I think FB communities are great for exposure and casual interactions, but the WKC forum is where the most hardcore will live and the most authoritative content will thrive.
Hey, I’m hard core! Lol [emoji23] love you brother[emoji16] check Polo [emoji153]

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2018, 11:47:26 AM »

Well put !! and you used a big word too !! I agree 100%
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

GrillGiant

• WKC Brave
    • GrillGiant
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2018, 11:48:55 AM »
Thread cleaned up and ban issued.

Regardless of your passion for webers grills, it is NEVER acceptable to make personal attacks towards another member.

We are a community of kettle heads, not an alliance of ideals.
Well said brother!

Jan M.

• WKC Brave
    • Mogschrauber
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2018, 12:01:51 PM »

I still cook and post! ;-)
I would not worry so much about it.
Some people are slaves to the social media monster, and some just enjoy life for all it offers and they are satisfied.
That being said... Pulled Pork and French Fries today!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

100% agree!
Btw. I don’t have a Facebook account!!

Best regards,
Jan

SteveMBH

• WKC Brave
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2018, 01:06:53 PM »
I’ve been super busy and post when I can.  I have too many projects (not just grills) and too little time.

I check / read more than I post.

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2018, 04:08:30 PM »
This search forum alone is what sets this place apart from FB.  On what seems like slow days I’ll just search a subject which will lead to multiple other searches.  I really enjoy the early posts when the WKC was just starting out.
Thanks Troy. Great work.

Meatpolice

• WKC Brave
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2018, 04:36:12 PM »
As a new member, this club is amazing. The grills our members have are second to none. FB is all BS look at me! And all of the questions are dumb AF. The FB asshole in me crossed over once and Troy stepped in and said “ stop being a dick”! I only have FB for marketplace in the hopes of finding more Weber’s. I don’t post many pictures of my grills because they’re mostly new. I feel this club is built on older classic Weber Kettle’s.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2018, 04:56:54 PM »
I haven't been posting as much as I used to, but I am still here looking around pretty much every day.
 My kettle shed is FULL! I haven't been showing off anything new, and I am very happy with the eclectic collection of cookers that I have.
I keep cooking the same stuff, so it rarely occurs to me that I should take pictures.
I am in a dozen or so FB groups that are about Weber products or related items. I don't participate very often there either.
I do like to post links to WKC resources in answer to FB questions. Especially on Kettlehedz!
[emoji16]
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2018, 05:24:47 PM »
I’m only here for a Chief, fuck the rest of it!

KIDDING!

I’ve learned a lot since joining in 2015 and I’m grateful for all the knowledge gained from all the experience this club has to offer.

Yeah my cooks are boring, I’m not a chef and plating up gorgeous plates like our chefs and that’s ok with me. Love seeing the product, just with a 3 and 1 year old and 40+ hours per week my focus is not the presentation.

It kind of pisses me off to see someone join, ask about the value then see the grill show up on the bay or down south but I get over it quickly.

I try to be respectful, humble, and helpful the best I can. I’ve given grills away, I like seeing people get what they are looking for and that Karma has come full circle.

WKC is where it’s at, fuck Facebook. That is just a market place for me.

Viva la WKC

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Charcoal_Guerrilla

• WKC Brave
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2018, 06:24:40 PM »
I’m still here. Watching, learning, sharing and damn proud of this group. Currently touring in the USA (just got in to Chicago from New Hampshire leaf [emoji260] peeping). Next stop Memphis for the Q. Any and all recommendations greatly appreciated. Then on to Washington DC (even got on a White House tour). Much respect to all.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

Meatpolice

• WKC Brave
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2018, 06:38:41 PM »
FB tonight