Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Part numbers for the Stainless Steel Performers  (Read 5444 times)

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
Part numbers for the Stainless Steel Performers
« on: June 01, 2013, 12:23:05 PM »
Hey, just thought I'd start a thread to share some part numbers for those of us who are rehabbing SS Performers.  Since not all of the Weber CS folks are as savvy as they might be, and some of them have even been known to encourage SS owners to go ahead and buy a new Performer, since the SS ones are "really, really old" (can you imagine?), I thought it would be handy to have some of these part numbers available. 

The igniters usually respond well to some careful cleaning, but if yours is still dead the part number is 40826404.  They are about 12 bucks I think.

That little C-shaped retaining clip that holds the burner assembly together can get really weak and rusty.  A new one is just a few cents, #890415

If you'd like to put one of the modern lid thermometers in your older Performer, that is #70180.  About 10 bucks I believe.

And the sweet find I came across last time was the complete hardware kit.  I was looking for the 4 black bolts that attach the kettle to the table, and the guy could only find the whole kit.  Which he was kind enough to send me for free (can you imagine?).  It's got all of the hardware-- wheel caps, bolts to attach burner assembly, etc.-- but best of all it has 3 of the tool hanger clips (no clip for the grate holder, though).  Part #85555  (and don't worry-- I'll still be using the stainless hardware I found at the hardware store.)
One of the charcoal people.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Re: Part numbers for the Stainless Steel Performers
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 03:51:53 PM »
Did you get the complete hardware kit from Weber CS?  Might have to give them a call....

Thanks for the tip!
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

mikeinctown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 04:45:26 PM »
The bolts mine had to attach to the table were regular zinc coated but they had a black plastic washer. I bought new stainless hardware. I've also gotten the lide bale assembly which I'll have to look the numbers up for. The Weber guy was kind enough to send me 2 of those clips for the burner tube for free.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 05:36:54 PM »
Just an FYI, the c clips can be found in most hardware stores that have bins. So, unless yopu are already ordering from Weber, you'll save the shipping charges.
Also, the casters can be found in a 2 pack at Home Depot for around $5.
Weber likes to use standard hardware, so most is easily found at hardware stores..  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 09:55:47 AM »
Very useful info, Mike. Thanks for sharing. My kettle to table bolts were also zinc coated with a stamped sheet metal nut at the bottom. Good thing they don't get rusted through.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 10:21:00 AM »
Weird.  This is my second set of black kettle-to-frame bolts I've gotten from Weber.  The first set was just the 4 bolts, fiber washers, and acorn nuts (also sent free of charge), and the second was included in the whole hardware kit I referenced above.

I've also used SS bolts, but I think the black ones look better.  Though they do start to get discolored after only a year or so, so I might switch back to SS. 
One of the charcoal people.

vader06

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 10:47:36 AM »
Does anyone know the part number for the leg connectors for the SS Performer?   They are about 31" to 33" long.
Genesis Gold B, 18" WSM, 18" Yellow, 22" Blue OTG, 22" Lime MBH, 22"  Black SJ, Black Jumbo Joe Platinum and Red 22" LE.

mikeinctown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 06:35:15 PM »
The square end plugs that go on the frame. -4086928
Lid bale assembly. Comes with the rounded wire, the plastic rests, the curved metal bracket, and all the nuts n bolts -63058
Single char basket assembly -62423

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 06:43:55 PM »
Does anyone know the part number for the leg connectors for the SS Performer?   They are about 31" to 33" long.

Unavailable part.  But, here's the schematic w/ part numbers.  (click View All)

http://help.weber.com/schematics/browse.aspx?all=1&model=821020
Oh, and the owner/user manual

http://c929377.r77.cf2.rackcdn.com/PerformerTNG_OwnersGuide_55015_020302.pdf
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2015, 08:39:27 AM »
I just rescued an SS performer and I'm in the process of cleaning her up. The bottom connector bolts have rusted away and I had to break them off. It seems there was some kind of nut already inside the two square bottom connector tubes that also rusted away. Does anybody know if there is a part # for the nut insert that comes inside the bottom connector tubes? Is this something I can simply find at a hardware store? Thanks in advance.
May The Smoke Be With You!

terrymo

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 09:27:37 AM »
@JDD You need a star nut (star fangled nut) available at any bicycle shop that does repairs. There's a special tool to install them, but search YouTube for star nut installation for ways to do it without the tool.

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2015, 09:57:45 AM »
Does anybody know the size of this star nut? Does it work for square tubing? I've seen these for round tube.
May The Smoke Be With You!

KenB

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2015, 11:28:21 AM »
It might be 15/16th.  I just restored a performer this summer and just brought the frame tube to the bike shop to be sure it fit.  There are instructions somewhere on WKC as that is how I found the solution.  It will probably be a metric thread and I found the bolt at Home Depot.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2015, 11:53:50 AM »
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/performer-frame-question/

From the Tech Library.

I did away with the star nuts and put all-thread through the frame. Works great.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC