Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: It's friday! What's cookin'?  (Read 995 times)

dbhost

• WKC Brave
    • Daves Workshop Youtube page.
It's friday! What's cookin'?
« on: August 24, 2018, 08:59:13 AM »
So Friday is here, and depending on where you live, your school district and all, many folks are sending out hte last weekend of summer with BBQ here in the U.S. (Well okay Labor Day is coming up too!), I digress, with the weekend here, what are your BBQ plans for the weekend?

For me, of course it depends on if it is thawed enough when I get home, but I am planning on a nice 10lb brisket on one of the kettles, the other is going to do Elotes again... (one of my wifes favorites and there are no eloteros in my neighborhood). Probably do some Bratwurst and vennison sausage as well...

Happy cooking!
3 Kettles. 1998 Daisy Wheel 22.5, 2010 Smokey Joe Silver 14, 2018 Jumbo Joe Premium 22.5.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: It's friday! What's cookin'?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 04:31:19 PM »
Steaks tonight.  My ribeye is below.

Thinking beef short ribs for Sunday[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
It's friday! What's cookin'?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 05:10:42 PM »
My wife and daughters are out of town so I’m going stag tonight. Made myself some extra hot buffalo wings (drummies) since they’re too spicy for the ladies.

It was all going well until my chair broke, throwing me backwards, my feet kicked the table, throwing my plate and wings onto the ground.

Yes, I still ate the wings. And they were delish and extra hot!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 05:31:16 PM by Schaefd2 »
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 05:13:28 PM »
Sucks about the chair Dave!  Wings look good.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

dbhost

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 06:13:17 PM »
My wife and daughters are out of town so I’m going stag tonight. Made myself some extra hot buffalo wings (drummies) since they’re too spicy for the ladies.

It was all going well until my chair broke, throwing me backwards, my feet kicked the table, throwing my plate and wings onto the ground.

Yes, I still ate the wings. And they were delish and extra hot!!

Ouch!

Touch break on that chair. But the wings look great!
3 Kettles. 1998 Daisy Wheel 22.5, 2010 Smokey Joe Silver 14, 2018 Jumbo Joe Premium 22.5.

dbhost

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 06:15:33 PM »
So I had some after work work to do today  I got home late, and first thing I did was check the brisket, Not thawed enough yet. We are staying home tomorrow so I will end up doing the brisket during hte day. I didn't want to do that...

Meanwhile the wife has promised to make fresh refried beans and tortillas so I guess I am making more fajita on the grill tomorrow...

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 08:07:32 PM »
So I had some after work work to do today  I got home late, and first thing I did was check the brisket, Not thawed enough yet. We are staying home tomorrow so I will end up doing the brisket during hte day. I didn't want to do that...

Meanwhile the wife has promised to make fresh refried beans and tortillas so I guess I am making more fajita on the grill tomorrow...

There’s nothing wrong with that plan. We had some awesome fajitas this week on the grill. I finished everything up in my cast iron skillet on the hot grill. My backyard smelled great.

Post up some pics of that brisket cook, been a while since I’ve done a brisket. Now that I’ve got a 26er I should probably get one going.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 08:38:29 PM »

Sucks about the chair Dave!  Wings look good.
In the last 6 weeks, I have broken my favorite and 2nd favorite patio chairs.

...and I’m actually losing weight!! WTF??

I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

dbhost

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2018, 01:51:18 PM »

There’s nothing wrong with that plan. We had some awesome fajitas this week on the grill. I finished everything up in my cast iron skillet on the hot grill. My backyard smelled great.

Post up some pics of that brisket cook, been a while since I’ve done a brisket. Now that I’ve got a 26er I should probably get one going.

I might try to get the wife to help me out shoot some video on it. The brisket is thawed I need to trim it and then rub it I was actually thinking about smacking it down a little bit with meat tenderizer just so I can drive the rub into it a little better. I've done that in the past and it really helps get the flavors of the rub deep into the meat. It's a trick an old competition cook showed me once. This is kind of an iffy effort though briskets can be kind of big and a 22 isn't that huge of a cooker compared to say 26. So wish me luck!

dbhost

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2018, 09:14:40 AM »
Okay this was a packer trimmed brisket that I trimmed off the excess fat off of the side opposite of the fat cap and cooked it cap side down. My wife was having a concern last night due to some strange activity in the neighborhood so she wanted me to bring the brisket in and finish it in the oven which I did. It tastes really good but it is very fatty. It's very tender and flakes apart. I think I'm going to use it for effectively pulled beef sandwiches