Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Walmart now carries Expert Grill Brand Charcoal  (Read 4778 times)

neocacher

• Smokey Joe
Walmart now carries Expert Grill Brand Charcoal
« on: February 11, 2018, 12:45:43 PM »
Just saw this for the first time on Walmart.com.  $4.92 for a 16 lb bag.  At least it is available in my area.  Haven't tried it.  Probably will sometime.  SATISFACTION GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK.  Just saying........

"Expert Grill 16-lb Charcoal Briquettes are an essential part of your next cookout. Add them to your grill, where they are easy to light so you can get to cooking within only 20 minutes. A middle channel on each briquette increases airflow so the temperature rises quickly. They are also larger to burn longer and more efficiently. This bag contains 16 lbs of fuel briquettes and is compatible with a variety of charcoal grill models.
Expert Grill 16 Lb Charcoal Briquets:
Improved design for better airflow
Lights and burns quickly
60% larger size
Expert Grill briquettes are ready to cook in 20 minutes
Works in most charcoal grills"

[attachment deleted by admin]

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: Walmart now carries Expert Grill Brand Charcoal
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 05:52:13 PM »
Saw these too for 5 bucks worth a try

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 06:32:58 PM »
For the money and for direct grilling, this is great. Used 2-3 bags already . Ember brand from Home Depot is great for $5. Use it regularly and done a few ribs smoke with it. Lasts for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 06:34:34 PM by wessonjb »

eccj

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 09:15:40 PM »
They made this Jerk Chicken tonight![emoji6]

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 09:46:05 AM »
They made this Jerk Chicken tonight![emoji6]

I legitimately started drooling
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Larry The BBQ Guy

• WKC Brave
    • BBQitALL
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 07:11:01 PM »
Nice char on that chicken! Thanks for the tip on the charcoal. I will give it a try.
26" Orig. Premium Black, 22" Orig. black, 22" Jumbo Joe black, 14" Smokey Joe black. More to come.

TartanAvenger

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 09:19:08 PM »
They are royal oak

Sent from my SM-G935T using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 09:45:45 AM »
Embers from Home Depot is made by royal oak and $4.97 a bag.

[attachment deleted by admin]

dbhost

• WKC Brave
    • Daves Workshop Youtube page.
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2018, 07:12:30 AM »
Just bought and started using my first bag of this yesterday for a family cookout on Galveston. It doesn't appear to be any different then Royal Oak or blue bag Kingsford. The shape of the briquettes makes me think they're probably Royal Oak. At just under five bucks a bag it's well worth giving them a shot. Happy with the results so far.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 01:19:41 PM by dbhost »
3 Kettles. 1998 Daisy Wheel 22.5, 2010 Smokey Joe Silver 14, 2018 Jumbo Joe Premium 22.5.

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2018, 10:18:32 AM »
I have used it a few times . It does the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

dbhost

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2018, 02:31:16 PM »
They are royal oak

I can't say for sure if you are right or not. However the shape of the briquets looks to be the same as Royal Oak, and a bit different from the Kingsford I typically use...
3 Kettles. 1998 Daisy Wheel 22.5, 2010 Smokey Joe Silver 14, 2018 Jumbo Joe Premium 22.5.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2018, 03:07:31 PM »
They are royal oak

I can't say for sure if you are right or not. However the shape of the briquets looks to be the same as Royal Oak, and a bit different from the Kingsford I typically use...

Royal Oak and Kingsford look nothing alike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

dbhost

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2018, 06:25:49 AM »
They are royal oak

Royal Oak and Kingsford look nothing alike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if my statement was a bit too, hmmm, conservative in the way I approached what I meant by a bit different....

Kingsford Briquets

Royal Oak Briquets. These are what the Expert Grill briquets I got look like...

As far as looking nothing alike, I tend to differ with that opinion. I seriously doubt that the casual observer (90+ % of the population) would notice any difference between Royal Oak and Kingsford. Mostly because most folks don't care. They just want it to work. They both are little chunks of charcoal that you pour into your chimney, or set up on your grill and use for fuel when BBQing or grilling... It's not exactly rocket science.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 06:29:23 AM by dbhost »

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2018, 12:08:38 PM »
I'm glad I'm not smart or fussy enough to notice big differences in charcoal. The one that sticks out to me are the Weber ones but I haven't been able to get them. On ssle and I always just try to load up on anything under. 26 cents per lb. If Weber on sale is. 50 cents lb and Kingsford is. 24 I'm buying the Kingsford.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2018, 12:52:36 PM »
I'm glad I'm not smart or fussy enough to notice big differences in charcoal. The one that sticks out to me are the Weber ones but I haven't been able to get them. On ssle and I always just try to load up on anything under. 26 cents per lb. If Weber on sale is. 50 cents lb and Kingsford is. 24 I'm buying the Kingsford.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I would generally agree but I’m guessing I get twice the mileage out of Weber coal.  They burn a very very long time so factor that in next time you see Weber on sale.

The drawback is it takes longer to light. My theory is it’s denser but I don’t know.

I’ve found kbb disappointing lately. I don’t think it cooks like it used to. Either that or I’ve become fussy. I’m not sure. Either way there is enough sales on other charcoal that I won’t buy it anymore.

My current favorite for value and performance is k comp from Costco. It burns insanely hot. I love it.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 12:58:13 PM by HoosierKettle »