Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Being a nice neighbor pays of sometimes  (Read 1652 times)

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Being a nice neighbor pays of sometimes
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2018, 04:35:00 AM »
Awesome story, nice restore
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Steamer

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2018, 05:44:47 AM »
Nice restoration! Curious how you got it so clean

Sent from my SM-T700 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JayyyR

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2018, 12:58:21 PM »
First off thanks to everyone's kind replies! I was just trying to pay it forward and lucked up :D

@YardBurner Thanks a lot man! Also it's a DO code c.2005 (I was a freshman in HS then lol)

@Jules V. Yes I was pleased on how easy they came back to life in seconds with the steel wool. SS sweeps should've never left

@Bob BQ Yes sir it's green. And I'm with ya on the 18.5s, I love the shape and look of them. I'm also slowly working on another 18.5 and if you look closely you may spot pieces of it scattered around lol.

@qrczak1 Thanks I love the color too! It blows you guys never got this color but you have some colors there I'm equally as envious of as well.

@angelo & @Steamer I can't take credit for the grate clean up process. I learned it all here on WKC!
Check this link for tips & tricks
http://weberkettleclub.com/weber-grill-restoration-interior-and-exterior-kettle-cleaning/

dbhost

• WKC Brave
    • Daves Workshop Youtube page.
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2018, 01:26:18 PM »
Very nice story. Good to know that the widows out there aren't left to fend for themselves! (Gives me hope for my step mom as she is a LONG way away from us...).

If you end up doing some grilling on that, I bet she would love a burger off of her late husbands last grill... Unless of course you are a lousy cook that is... :-P
3 Kettles. 1998 Daisy Wheel 22.5, 2010 Smokey Joe Silver 14, 2018 Jumbo Joe Premium 22.5.

Mrnomad

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2018, 07:14:06 PM »
Cleaned up real nice. Great story too!
11 kettles, 2 WSMs, and 1 lonely gas grill!

JayyyR

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2018, 06:59:55 AM »
Very nice story. Good to know that the widows out there aren't left to fend for themselves! (Gives me hope for my step mom as she is a LONG way away from us...).

If you end up doing some grilling on that, I bet she would love a burger off of her late husbands last grill... Unless of course you are a lousy cook that is... :-P

Thanks man! I'm only doing what I'd like done for my mother.

Also my daughter's birthday party is Saturday and I invited her last week so hopefully she shows. I'm more than happy to cook anything she wants as I'll have 3 cookers going and plenty options. Man this really makes me want a 26er as I don't think I could tame the mothership in a day 😂