Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Tip Top Temp  (Read 628 times)

avega2792

• WKC Brave
Tip Top Temp
« on: July 26, 2018, 02:30:22 PM »
I'm still fairly new to Webers, grilling, smoking, etc. and all that comes with them, so I'd appreciate some feedback with this question as I have not seen much talk about them here. What do you all think of the Tip Top Temp? Sounds like a good accessory to have and I really want to get one, but I want to know from the more experienced Weber owners here before I decide to pick one up or not. I've read a lot of the reviews on amazon and it sounds promising, but I would like to know from people in this group specifically what they think. Thanks in advance!

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Re: Tip Top Temp
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 03:37:00 PM »
I have a slightly used one. I used it a few times and it has sat on the shelf in the shed for at least a year. With 3 Wsm's and mastering the snake I have not felt the need for it. If you are planning on coming to the meetup @Brian's next month I could bring for you. Lemme know if you would like it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

avega2792

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 04:58:48 PM »
Yeah, I did a dry run of the snake method when i first got my kettle and I was able to keep temps steady at 250 for about 3 hours and I was sold. The snake method didn't take much effort at all so I'm just wondering if it's worth the trouble of getting or will it just become something that sits around like you said. Eventually I want to try longer cook times so I'm wondering if it's worth it for overnight cooks to avoid having to get up in the middle of the night to check temps. I'm going to actually try smoking something before I go ahead and acquire one, but I'll let you know! Thanks for chiming in.

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 12:05:47 PM »
I have one and it works surprisingly well.

I’ll never use it again. The grill/vent under the device gets super dirty with soot from the exhaust.