Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Slow 'N Sear  (Read 2240 times)

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
Slow 'N Sear
« on: July 16, 2018, 05:09:56 PM »
Has anyone used the products from Adrenaline BBQ? They have some charcoal baskets, and they look nice. Just wondered if they are of any real value?

For indirect / direct grilling, I simply bank the coals on one side of the kettle. This basket does have a water feature that might be nice.

https://abcbarbecue.com/
2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest

WildonionAB

• WKC Brave
Re: Slow 'N Sear
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 05:13:44 PM »
I love mine!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 05:21:29 PM »
If you get one, you will not regret the purchase.

KettleMaster

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 05:42:44 PM »
I will order this week for my 22/26

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 07:43:07 PM »
   I've enjoyed using them so much that the weber baskets seem foreign to me. Get them

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 04:13:06 AM »
These are a bit pricey. Looking at the Slow 'N Sear Trifecta, I could almost buy three new Weber grills for the same price.

Yes...I'm thinking about it.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Slow 'N Sear
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 04:56:46 AM »
Check out “bigger better basket”. Super easy to make out of two regular baskets. I use heavy duty foil as a drip tray and my cast iron for a griddle. I’m a tight wad though.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Slow 'N Sear
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 04:59:00 AM »

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 05:25:26 AM »
Check out “bigger better basket”. Super easy to make out of two regular baskets. I use heavy duty foil as a drip tray and my cast iron for a griddle. I’m a tight wad though.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Nothing wrong with being frugal!

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 06:20:10 AM »
I know everyone seems to love the slow n sear.  I got one when purchasing a used kettle.  I do use it; but really doubt I'd go pay full asking price for one. 
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 06:23:42 AM »
True about being frugal!
I have the set shown in my photo and I think ( if you can afford it ) that it worth every bit of the money and is an investment that will pay off with years and years of cooking pleasure. The Sn’S products I have are built like tanks and I am sure that they will out live me to be passed down to the kids.
They also opened up a new world of cooking with improved results.
The set has to be looked at as an Investment and NOT as “Just another BBQ Gadget” that gets used 2-3 times and dumped in the corner of the garage!
Just my $0.02 worth ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 06:35:17 AM »
I love my SnS. The drip pan is awesome too. It gets used almost every cook. I am sure glad I own one !

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 06:48:55 AM »
True about being frugal!
I have the set shown in my photo and I think ( if you can afford it ) that it worth every bit of the money and is an investment that will pay off with years and years of cooking pleasure. The Sn’S products I have are built like tanks and I am sure that they will out live me to be passed down to the kids.
They also opened up a new world of cooking with improved results.
The set has to be looked at as an Investment and NOT as “Just another BBQ Gadget” that gets used 2-3 times and dumped in the corner of the garage!
Just my $0.02 worth ;-)

+1 .  It indeed is one of the best investment.
Looking for Colored 18 MBH

Cellar2ful

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2018, 07:56:14 AM »

+1 in favor of purchasing a SNS

I was in the "This SNS thing can't be any different than using the Weber charcoal baskets" camp.  That was until I picked up a used SNS included with a kettle from CL. Now after using it for a while, I can say there is a difference. Previously I would use the Weber charcoal baskets pushed together for searing. When reverse searing steaks of tri tips, the sear is much more intense when using a SNS.  It may be that the SNS allows the coals to be much closer to the grate than charcoal baskets.  Another thing I noticed is I had no problem lifting my kettle lid bare handed when using charcoal baskets.  When using the SNS, I have to put on a glove to lift the lid.  The wood handle is just to hot to grab bare handed and I'm afraid of dropping the lid.  The SNS is a great accessory and is well used in my arsenal.  I would recommend purchasing the ABC Easy Spin SS grate and the drip pan to go along with the SNS also.  I now have both of those too.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2018, 08:58:25 AM »
One of those accessories I didn't really think I needed in my 26.75" kettle. Now its permanently parked there. I have done some low and slow, high heat indirect, searing, etc.

I'll still prefer to use my WSMs for smoking, but I did a recent smoke with the SNSXL and it did just fine.

The value of the 2 zone for me is if I need to use my 26" like an oven (on these hot summer days) to "bake" (105 here today and going to do enchilada casserole on there this afternoon)....I can pretty much dial it in and get a steady temp and not have to worry about it.