Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weeknight Pizza  (Read 1882 times)

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Weeknight Pizza
« on: July 10, 2018, 06:02:29 PM »
Nothing fancy.  Mighty tasty though.   Three Weber baskets with B&B lump. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vette10R

• WKC Brave
Re: Weeknight Pizza
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 06:24:07 PM »
Looks delicious!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 02:56:26 AM »
looks good
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

rocky

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 07:49:50 AM »
Michael, question please. That pan appears to be a Calphalon, yes? If so does it work well and how do you prep and use it? NOT asking for a friend! Lol

One other quickie...do you have all those fancy pizza accessories to grill your pizza. That pic looks great...

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 07:59:55 AM »
Michael, question please. That pan appears to be a Calphalon, yes? If so does it work well and how do you prep and use it? NOT asking for a friend! Lol

One other quickie...do you have all those fancy pizza accessories to grill your pizza. That pic looks great...

It is actually the Weber gourmet bbq system pizza stone with the special grate with removable hole in it.  I have the Weber griddle and sear grate too btw.  Other than the stone, I don’t have any “special” accessories like kettle pizza.  I’ve been able to set my grill up using just three baskets and get repeatable and tasty results.   Granted, I’m not getting 600 degrees but you don’t have to get decent pizza either.  I get a little extra heat by propping the lid onto the bowl handle or by using a metal skewer to prop the lid.  It creates more exhaust and airflow.   

rocky

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 08:03:22 AM »
Thank you for your kind reply.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 08:03:54 AM »

It is actually the Weber gourmet bbq system pizza stone with the special grate with removable hole in it.  I have the Weber griddle and sear grate too btw.  Other than the stone, I don’t have any “special” accessories like kettle pizza.  I’ve been able to set my grill up using just three baskets and get repeatable and tasty results.   Granted, I’m not getting 600 degrees but you don’t have to get decent pizza either.  I get a little extra heat by propping the lid onto the bowl handle or by using a metal skewer to prop the lid.  It creates more exhaust and airflow.   

my basket positions.  Two baskets up top at 10 and 2 o clock and one at 6 o clock.  I use a bit of unlit lump charcoal in the baskets and almost a whole chimney of lit.  You can put a little directly under the stone too but not too much as it will burn the crust. 

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 04:35:57 PM »
Great looking pie!  Man I need to mke pizza again!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson