Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Charcoal Holders.  (Read 4204 times)

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Charcoal Holders.
« on: June 16, 2018, 01:19:23 PM »
Made some charcoal baskets/ rings out of 10 gauge ventilated 304 stainless.  No drilling necessary as the holes line up perfectly to accept a 1/4" bolt. 

9 1/2", 11 1/2" and d 19".
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 12:12:20 PM by Jules V. »

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
Re: Charcoal Holders.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 02:19:54 PM »
Sweet! I coulda used one of those today

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 03:52:16 PM »
Nice!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

northernQ

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 05:30:57 AM »
Where did you source the ventilated steel?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 06:17:32 AM »
Where did you source the ventilated steel?

Most  local stores that specialize  in metals should have some remnants in stock.  Typically sold by square feet and they'll cut any dimensions that you meed.

CarrieAnn

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 06:40:28 AM »
I need one of those snake set-up ones!!  That’s pretty slick. What did you put in the middle?

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 06:49:30 AM »
Water pan was once a stock pot.

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 01:48:19 PM »
How did you get the perfect circle?

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Charcoal Holders.
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2018, 02:15:48 PM »
Just bolt down 2 pipes spaced about twice the thickness of the sheet and bend it until you get to the desired diameter.  Simple and works all the time.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2018, 03:59:11 AM »
Very nice, and useful too
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Charcoal Holders.
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2018, 08:10:09 PM »
Very nice, and useful too
Thanks. They are real nice to look at in person especially at night with the charcoal raging hot. Well worth the $22 per sq ft price tag.  Should last a very long time.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 08:12:09 PM by Jules V. »

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 07:25:25 AM »
Call me stupid, but I'd love to see some photos of your bending set up.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Charcoal Holders.
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 08:48:55 AM »
There you go.  A much larger diameter pipes would work better but it's not necessary since the width of the material being bent is very small. Just insert  the sheet between the pipes and push down  to your desired curvature. Also if you have a tree trunk that has a nice round trunk with the right diameter, just screw one end of the sheet and wrap it around. Not much effort to bend the sheetmetal being less than 5" wide.  The holes in it also makes it much easier to bend.

For sharp right angle, i use this old bed frame.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 08:56:45 AM by Jules V. »

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 01:24:19 PM »
There you go.  A much larger diameter pipes would work better but it's not necessary since the width of the material being bent is very small. Just insert  the sheet between the pipes and push down  to your desired curvature. Also if you have a tree trunk that has a nice round trunk with the right diameter, just screw one end of the sheet and wrap it around. Not much effort to bend the sheetmetal being less than 5" wide.  The holes in it also makes it much easier to bend.

For sharp right angle, i use this old bed frame.

Thats awesome right there!....I was just looking at a bending brake at the store and couldn't justify buying it for the amount of times I'd need it.  Problem solved!
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2018, 01:58:33 PM »

I was just looking at a bending brake at the store and couldn't justify buying it for the amount of times I'd need it.  Problem solved!
Same here. I've been meaning to get a sheetmetal brake for years but  never got around to it  because of the price.  One of these days when i can find some metal bars for free or cheap, I'll probably just make a manual brake. Should be  a pretty simple  project.