Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pork Tenderloins  (Read 1535 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Pork Tenderloins
« on: June 14, 2018, 05:47:43 AM »
I picked up a three pack of pork tenderloins the other day and seasoned them up each in a different rub. Then after cooking on the performer, sliced them up and mixed up the slices to make a bunch of meals for the next few days.

I used up the last of a small bag of Royal Oak lump charcoal that came from my childhood best friend's grandparents' house which was being emptied out to be sold. This house has an extension on the back that had a second kitchen in the basement facing the rec room. Just inside the rec room, right by the kitchen, was a fireplace that had a grill that could be slid in at different heights, almost how you'd position an oven rack, and they used it as an indoor barbecue over the winter. They gave me a few things before the estate sale took place and I had first right of refusal on the charcoal but I took only the one bag because the rest was Kingsford and Royal Oak match light briquettes. The custom built indoor barbecue fireplace was neat though!

One thing I've learned from doing this with chicken before and now the pork tenderloins is that the Weber Hobey Garlic rub, which is very nice, is also very mild so it has to be used alone. Putting it on meat with other pieces seasoned in other stronger rubs buries it and drowns out the flavour.

Anyways, an enjoyable cook and plenty of good leftovers. I gave some carrots a light maple glaze to make a side for a nice light dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Pork Tenderloins
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 08:41:04 AM »
nicely played
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 06:33:08 PM »
I didn’t read anything but the first sentence because I couldn’t go any farther.

Who the hell sells 1.5 pigs worth of tenderloins in a single package?? Maybe I am overreacting but it hat seems bizarre to me. I only see them in pairs!

Anyway; I read the post now. It sounds and looks fantastic. Pork tenderloin is one of my favorite cuts. Wish I had an SSP to cook em on!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 04:37:06 AM »
Cooked perfectly!  Looks great!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 12:16:15 PM »

I didn’t read anything but the first sentence because I couldn’t go any farther.

Who the hell sells 1.5 pigs worth of tenderloins in a single package?? Maybe I am overreacting but it hat seems bizarre to me. I only see them in pairs!

I know, it is strange right?  But that's how Lococo's has always sold them. I guess it works out to three pigs worth for every two packages.  I've never seen them sold outside of packages of two unless you buy them from a shop that has them stored in quantity in a display case or this place that has the packages of three.

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 01:00:43 PM »
Loco is the part I'm curious about...nice cooks though. Looks tasty.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 06:37:46 PM »

I know, it is strange right?  But that's how Lococo's has always sold them. I guess it works out to three pigs worth for every two packages.  I've never seen them sold outside of packages of two unless you buy them from a shop that has them stored in quantity in a display case or this place that has the packages of three.

Thats incredible! And I really can’t get mad about that as pork tenderloin is one of my favorite cuts of meat. And whenever I cook my two-pack, I am always able to eat a third!!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 06:43:17 PM »
Confession. I’ve never cooked pork tenderloin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 05:05:56 AM »

Cut them into medallions and wrap with bacon.   Hmmm.

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 05:17:17 AM »

Really?? They are fantastic!

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 12:05:26 PM »

Stuff them with Italian sausage and wrap them in Prosciutto.  Pork Trifecta ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

dbhost

• WKC Brave
    • Daves Workshop Youtube page.
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 01:14:28 PM »
Looks like you did a direct heat cook on yours. Looks really nice....

I got a great deal on 10lbs of tenderloin. Smoked it on the 22... They sure are tasty aren't they?

Simple apple juice / Weber BBQ rub / sea salt mix for inject, and Weber BBQ Rub on the outside if you are interested in trying it...

« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 01:17:19 PM by dbhost »
3 Kettles. 1998 Daisy Wheel 22.5, 2010 Smokey Joe Silver 14, 2018 Jumbo Joe Premium 22.5.