Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Leg kit, etc  (Read 2117 times)

XRichard23

• WKC Brave
Leg kit, etc
« on: April 12, 2018, 01:17:49 PM »
I’m hoping to get a new bowl and lid soon. My question is, where would I get the best price on the rest? Let’s, triangle, ash catcher, one touch system, etc? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Own: 22" Blue Platinum, Blue Performer 3rd Gen, 22" Blue MT, 22" Blue OTG, 26” Black OTG; 18" WSM
ISO: Blue 18”

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Leg kit, etc
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 01:32:46 PM »
This is for a 22, yeah?

Depends on how patient you are. :) And also depends on if you need "period correct" or "factory correct" or brand new vs. something that just works.

Stuff like that, some of us could donate or trade you for, if you don't require something pristine. Got anything to trade, by the way?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 09:54:37 AM »
I’m hoping to get a new bowl and lid soon. My question is, where would I get the best price on the rest? Let’s, triangle, ash catcher, one touch system, etc? Thanks
If you are getting a new bowl and lid, then I assume they are to replace current parts on a grill you own, therefore you would already have the other parts? If they arent replacement parts and youre just hoping to get a lid and bowl, then why dont you just buy a complete grill? The parts individually would add up to about the same right? Am I missing something?
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

XRichard23

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 11:16:55 AM »

This is for a 22, yeah?

Depends on how patient you are. :) And also depends on if you need "period correct" or "factory correct" or brand new vs. something that just works.

Stuff like that, some of us could donate or trade you for, if you don't require something pristine. Got anything to trade, by the way?
Just starting my collecting so really don’t have anything to trade at this point. And no I’m not very particular, just wanting parts to complete the grill. Thanks

Own: 22" Blue Platinum, Blue Performer 3rd Gen, 22" Blue MT, 22" Blue OTG, 26” Black OTG; 18" WSM

XRichard23

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 11:18:33 AM »

If you are getting a new bowl and lid, then I assume they are to replace current parts on a grill you own, therefore you would already have the other parts? If they arent replacement parts and youre just hoping to get a lid and bowl, then why dont you just buy a complete grill? The parts individually would add up to about the same right? Am I missing something?
I’m hoping to get a brand new in box blue 22” bowl and lid. If I’m not mistaken I can’t really find a complete blue 22” in stores, this the need for parts.

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 11:21:23 AM »
I would say just keep your eye out on Craigslist. It’s springtime and people will start cleaning out their garages. You can probably pick up something cheap and scavage parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 12:58:10 PM »

I’m hoping to get a brand new in box blue 22” bowl and lid. If I’m not mistaken I can’t really find a complete blue 22” in stores, this the need for parts.

ah cool!! Congrats on the blue! I’d say buy an used complete grill in good condition on CL, then repurpose the parts for your blue, then build a Sequoia type cart for the extra black bowl and lid!

I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 02:23:19 PM »
I would say just keep your eye out on Craigslist. It’s springtime and people will start cleaning out their garages. You can probably pick up something cheap and scavenge parts.

This.
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 08:07:20 AM »
If you have a nice, new bowl and lid I would suggest building a simple table to drop the kettle in. There are many ways of doing this, and if you're handy you can get creative. I think one of the best ways is to suspend the kettle with conduit hangers.

XRichard23

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 02:16:50 PM »
Local craigslist has been a dud so far. Still need legs, wheels, and a triangle for my 22". Thanks

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 02:23:19 PM »
Also check after fathers day. Dads get new grills and toss their webers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

mtneer

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 05:42:03 PM »
don't forget to check Letgo and Offerup

Edit: I like the idea of building a table for it and that would probably be my choice.

Seth1025

• WKC Brave
Leg kit, etc
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2018, 09:35:21 AM »
I used the frame from an old clothes hamper to make legs for my old performer bowl.  Now I’ve got a fire pit/midget.   I hate to have a lid and bowl sitting around that can’t be used and don’t want to throw something  away that still has some life in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

XRichard23

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2018, 07:08:33 AM »
Well I scored a OTS off of OfferUp for $20, so I got my parts from there. They completed the left side blue. Thanks for all the suggestions fellas!

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2018, 07:40:58 AM »
Very nice score!