Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: ash sweeper replacement for circa 1999 performer  (Read 1635 times)

eashley

• Happy Cooker
ash sweeper replacement for circa 1999 performer
« on: May 27, 2018, 01:07:37 PM »
Hi from Rhode Island. I want to replace the ash sweeper assembly on my 19 year old performer. Will the new style one fit?  The actual catch pan assembly is being held on by some wire for the last several years. Not ideal but it works. Now it's time to replace the sweeper inside the bowl.

Last year I had to replace the gas hose, regulator and tank with a new assembly which a local dealer helped me to rig up. (just needed a few off the shelf adapters)... Works fine and I want to keep this old girl going.

Thanks for the help

CarrieAnn

• WKC Brave
Re: ash sweeper replacement for circa 1999 performer
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 03:02:21 PM »
Call customer service. They’ll be able to sell you the part or even give you the p/n. I replaced mine on my 20 yr old performer a couple of years ago. Mine was so rusted out we had to drill out the screw to get it off but the new one went on like it was born to do so.

That’s what I love about the Weber’s. With very few exceptions you can get parts and just rebuild. All mine are cookers and not one is younger than 15 yrs old. And they are never covered and stay out in the freezing ass midwestern winters.

My gasser fires right up every single time (unless I ran it out of propane) and my Performer works perfectly. My WSM  has a few rust holes and runs hot, but I’ve got a brisket on the old gal right now and yesterday she popped off a set of ribs perfectly. Tomorrow she’ll deliver a smoked butt.

They take a lickin’ and keep on ticking!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Vinnybaggadonuts

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 04:35:03 PM »
HEEEEYYYY!!!!!

That’s the Timex commercial!!!!!

How many remember that??

Vinny

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 06:00:14 AM »
Welcome to WKC, eashley. You’ll get more eyeballs about restoring in the subforum relevant to that.

But yes new sweeps will fit but they are a different design, requiring hose clamps, rivets or something else to support the ash can ring. The “ash bar” that used to support yours won’t be used.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 03:01:03 AM »
Hello and welcome from Northeast Ohio!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 07:41:06 AM »
Welcome from Doraville,Ga. you are in the right place
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 10:06:10 PM »
Hello and welcome to the WKC from Eugene, Oregon.   As I recall, several members have made the exact upgrade(?) to their SSP's that you are seeking assistance with.  Try a search for SSP ashsweeps or some such.

SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".