Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Neat surprise and a Thankyou  (Read 1145 times)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Neat surprise and a Thankyou
« on: May 25, 2018, 11:42:50 AM »
Hey guys,

I have the wood dale and the imperial outside today soaking/cleaning parts. I started scraping the bowl of the imperial and noticed it has a blue sprayed interior. Pretty cool. I’ve seen a few cookers shared here with the blue bowl but never seen one personally.
Anyways, vents shined up nicely, got the steel wheels sanded and used this rustolium stuff to prep for paint. I searched the forums for your steel wheel resto Jim, after I used this rust product. I see you used evaporust for the wheels, caps and thumbscrews. I’m going to get some because the thumbscrews are in bad shape. Did you soak the entire wheel in that product? I was wondering about the rubber tread, if it would be ok.
Ok guys, time to start triangles and legs. Hope ya’ll have a great weekend and Thankyou to all of our military families who have sacrificed for us. I appreciate you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Neat surprise and a Thankyou
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 11:45:01 AM »
I have several with the Blue in the bowl and I agree it is pretty cool when cleaned up. Nice looking restores happening @Travis
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 11:46:52 AM »
I have several with the Blue in the bowl and I agree it is pretty cool when cleaned up. Nice looking restores happening @Travis
Thanks Joe. Is there a story with the blue bowl? Simple as just switching brands for a while or something?

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 11:54:41 AM »
I’m super excited for you, Travis!  Thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 11:55:40 AM »
My uneducated guess in those time of little control is they had some porcelain that should have been black but wasn't, but they didn't want it to go to waste? it only appears on colored kettles at least what I have seen, my 4 are all red with the blue interior
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Cellar2ful

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 12:04:16 PM »
Yes Travis.  I just poured the Evapo-Rust equally into two large zip lock bag.  The wheels then went in the bags, squeezing as much air out of the bag as possible and let them sit overnight. Won't hurt the treads at all. It works on the thumbscrews and wheel axle caps also.  I just threw them all in the bags together. The Evapo-Rust can be reused a couple of times.

In regards to the blue interior color, I have two that have blue bowl color, but not as bright blue as your Imperial. A 22" red and cado.   Both are older, metal wheel models (Pat Pending). It may be the contrast of the interior blue on the baby blue exterior of the Imperial that makes it look so striking.  Let's see what @Craig or @harris92 have to say.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 12:09:49 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 03:08:27 PM »
My red aristocrat had a blue bowl as well. Nice cleanup too!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

putoluto

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 03:11:24 PM »
Wow!! That is so cool! It looks like a robin's egg!

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 04:12:39 PM »
B-E-A-UTIFUL!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 06:04:03 PM »
Both amazing kettles! Nice clean up job. My Red Samson Dominion kettle has light blue inside the lid and a bowl which I find really cool.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2018, 06:08:02 PM »
Travis I think that’s the best Glen Blue I’ve seen in this club. Kudos sir!  I’d probably never cook on that one or I’d line the entire interior in foil lol.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2018, 06:09:03 PM »
Sweet Grills! Seriously!

HOLY GRAILS: 1950s era Black or Custom finish 18.5 or 22.5 Kettle, Brown Go Anywhere grill.

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2018, 03:50:08 PM »
Amazing man! These are just awesome
I wonder if that blue interior just kinda pops more against the bowl's exterior...it is sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app