Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Multi-purpose cooking machine.  (Read 5983 times)

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Multi-purpose cooking machine.
« on: May 17, 2018, 11:22:54 AM »
Just have to find new ways to use all these accessories.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 09:02:57 AM by Jules V. »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Multi-purpose cooking machine.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 11:33:08 AM »
very nicely done
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 01:08:59 PM »
Twin spinners, ha! At some point you might be swapping in 1/2" axles and shock absorbers.

I'd expect the top rotisserie to cook faster, which would be good since you'd not want to have to remove it to get to the bottom and then put it back to finish.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 02:24:50 PM »
Sometimes 2 is better than  one.  But forget the 1/2" axle as I'm already using a 3/8". Maybe a 3/4" axle?  Actually the caliente with the arteflame griddle and a killa grilla grate is much more heavier than the 2 rotisserie. It helps that I'm not into casters. 
Yeah as expected the top rotisserie got done a bit earlier.  I did try to funnel the heat by closing the lid damper and cracking the lid about an inch opposite of the sns.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 05:46:43 PM »
Thats whats up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 06:03:59 PM »
I like that! I am totally impressed.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 12:28:28 PM »
Might have to scrap the weber rings and get a  couple more of these stackers  for rotisserie and smoking as they can be  stacked very nicely.  Perfect for leaving it outside year round as water doesn't get inside the bowl.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 11:25:29 AM by Jules V. »

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 04:02:19 PM »
Something's wrong. Neither bowl has the requisite end-of-frame access to the sweeps and ash bucket.

Losin' your edge here, Jules?

Thought of you earlier today. In my primary SSP I swapped the original kettle for one that's newer/different color. Anyway, the LEG SOCKETS are located in a different spot on the newer bowl such that the sweeps' lever is in the closed position directly facing you and the "all-the-way" open position is like a mile away. Crazy. Even when in the taller Gen 3 frame it came from, it's a long way to reach.

So I moved the ash ring and sweeps counter-clockiwise a step so that the sweeps and ash bucket can both be accessed from the end of the frame, as you'd done on earlier builds.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 04:35:50 PM »
Haven't got the chance to move the bucket handle under the lid bale, which is my preferred location, just yet  since the ring on the redhead are bolted to the leg socket.  One thing though is that positioning both toward the front or under the lid bales can sometimes get confusing since sliding the sweeps handle toward the back has an opposite results. One fully open and the other totally closed.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 06:38:41 PM »
Don't know where this is heading  but this is likely the final version.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 09:04:04 AM by Jules V. »

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 06:53:10 PM »
"Final" version?

Surely there's a RockShox or Koni somewhere in it's future.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 07:00:29 PM »
"Final" version?

Surely there's a RockShox or Koni somewhere in it's future.
Maybe some hydraulics to somehow lower it on demand so i can actually see what I'm cooking.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 07:27:34 PM »
You probably have a spare garage door opener, or fish tank pump somewhere. Or a bicycle chain and sprocket ... put them kids to work!

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2018, 08:00:47 PM »
Quick snack after a hard day of work tearing apart my grills.  Boneless thighs marinated with hoisin sauce, chicken bouillon and red pepper flakes. Cooked  direct at the highest grate setting, 22.5 " from charcoal grate to cooking grate. Flipped at 10 minutes for  a total of 20 minutes at 475F.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 11:26:42 AM by Jules V. »

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2018, 12:12:24 PM »
Made a heavy duty hanging rack. Just need to install hanging bar.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 11:27:23 AM by Jules V. »