Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Memorial Day coming fast!!! Whats Cookin'!?!?!?  (Read 2180 times)

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
Re: Memorial Day coming fast!!! Whats Cookin'!?!?!?
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2018, 04:24:07 PM »
I kinda wanna try a pork butt but still dunno

Hold on. You have never done a butt? New WKC rule: anyone approaching 2,000 posts who has never done a butt will be put on probation. You need to do a butt and you need to do it now! You don’t try a butt, you do it! Grab a butt, any butt, rub it, inject it if that’s your thing and fire up the kettle.

We’re waiting...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 07:20:45 AM by 56MPG »
Retired

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2018, 05:05:12 PM »
Hi Matt,

I'll be your Probation Officer

Go to the Walmart, grab a small pork shoulder - they usually have regular and seasoned.

Grab a 22, make a snake, 2x2 and a couple apple chunks, don't need much.

Bottom vents open, top half open. Start the snake right to left for pork with 5 or 6 lit coals.

Then back away, slowly.

Resist the urge to look until after an hour

You'll be surprised.

5 +/-  hours is all you need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Dude, relax your chicken.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2018, 05:14:57 PM »
... Grab a butt, any butt, rub it, inject it if that’s your thing and ...

I might need a little "me" time after reading that.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2018, 05:20:56 PM »
... I kinda wanna try a pork butt but still dunno

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

randy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2018, 05:36:47 PM »

... I kinda wanna try a pork butt but still dunno

That’s not the shocker I’m familiar with 🤭

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2018, 05:49:24 PM »

I have a cousin who when we were kids told me a joke about a guy who carried his girl home "like a six pack."

I never looked at her the same way again.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2018, 05:53:35 PM »
I finally smoked my first pork butt a couple months ago and it was super easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2018, 06:52:53 PM »
I'll be at the cabin for 5 nights.  I'm thinking about trying my new roti basket with stuffed burgers and wings.

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2018, 06:06:43 AM »

... Grab a butt, any butt, rub it, inject it if that’s your thing and ...

I might need a little "me" time after reading that.

Hahahaha! That seriously made me chuckle . Good stuff !

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2018, 07:26:58 AM »

I kinda wanna try a pork butt but still dunno

Hold on. You have never done a butt? New WKC rule: anyone approaching 2,000 posts who has never done a butt will be put on probation. You need to do a butt and you need to do it now! You don’t try a but, you do it! Grab a butt, any butt, rub it, inject it if that’s your thing and fire up the kettle.

We’re waiting...

☝️This.

I’ll add. Be fearless. Any temp...wrap or no wrap. You won’t screw it up. Don’t overthink it. It will be done in the 195-205 range. Get thee to the fire!

This rub is absolutely killer.

[emoji116]

I always do 2 at a time...one to eat, one to chunk and vac seal. My wife always prefers the ones done with the Chris Lilly Rub.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2018, 07:28:18 AM »

I have a cousin who when we were kids told me a joke about a guy who carried his girl home "like a six pack."

I never looked at her the same way again.

Lol!

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2018, 08:13:40 AM »
@mrodgers, many moons ago before children and back when I was a bride (about 20 yrs, give or take) my (ex) husband and I went on a camping trip with friends and friends of friends. We were kind of the outsiders and as such, did not plan or even know about the group shopping trip they pulled together for the trip. So we arrive at campsite (a couple of them were there) in the late afternoon, set up our tent and set up our part of the campsite. We had a camp stove and portable grill. The Other Side has quite a laugh at all our gear and asked us why we bother to camp if we are bringing everything with us from home.

After a while we were getting hungry and asked our fellow campers what their dinner plans were. That’s when we learned  some member of their group was bringing their food. Okey Dokey, we will just get going on our dinner then. Bbq pork chops over the grill with one of those Lipton rice mixes and some kind of veg I don’t recall now. Nothing too fancy but the smell of that pork cooking was outstanding and that risotto mix dipped up all the juices. Plus things just taste better when camping. The other group was getting kind of grumbly about their lack of food and eventually took themselves off to a McDonald’s before the cannibalism began.

Next morning we get up and we start making our camp breakfast - bacon eggs toast and the best coffee on the planet, percolated and cooked in the camp stove. I don’t know why it always tastes better but it does. The Others: cold cereal. More grumbling and dissent in the ranks.

Lunchtime: we had homemade burgers, homemade potato salad and baked beans simmered over the campfire. Others: hot dogs. A growing over anger was building from the other side. Other side food planner promised dinner would be better.

Dinner: Other Side: frozen burger patties. Us: Steaks, baked potatoes cooked in the coals and fresh corn on the cob. When my ex pulled out those monster steaks, Other side exclaimed “oh come ON!!” And unanimously voted us in charge of food for any future trips. Lol.

I’ve never understood why folks equate camping with eating like you’re on the run from the law and broke. I was “glamping “ before they ever had a word for it.

No real reason you can't eat Great, when you know how to Camp GREAT!!!   While in scouts, WE (Our Troop) always ate better than the others at Spring Camporee or Fall Pacao...   Camp well, eat well... right???

J
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...