Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chicken Legs  (Read 1192 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Chicken Legs
« on: May 10, 2018, 11:34:59 AM »
Just saying "chicken legs" makes me start laughing about a bad football coach from a few years ago.  Anyways, I have a package of them and they're about to go on the barbecue which is lighting up as I write.

The top row is Cluck & Squeal's original rub and on the bottom row, Weber's honey garlic rub. I haven't used that rub yet so it's going to be good to try it out. They smell good sitting dry brining in their rubs while the charcoal lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Re: Chicken Legs
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 01:06:45 PM »
Here are the legs in progress on the grill. Today's fuel choice is Royal Oak charcoal briquettes.

I also made some fried potatoes in a cast iron pan bit didn't get any pictures of them in progress but they turned out nicely.  I'd also intended to make some maple glazed carrots but they'd gone bad in the refrigerator while I was out of the house for a week. Such is life when you're away from home.

One of those plates is being devoured right now. They're good. The Weber honey garlic rub is nice but very mild. I made these legs just dry rubbed to keep it simple and to try the new rub without anything else covering it up. I'm going to try adding some honey garlic sauce next time and that should be really good!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 02:01:29 PM »
Looks good!  I love chicken legs. They almost give them away at the stores.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 02:42:14 PM »
Those are some tasty looking legs man. Really love some black iron spuds. Nice cook. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 08:38:18 AM »
I know - this one independent grocery store near me sells them dirt cheap.  This is something I'm going to have to repeat for sure.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 10:55:27 AM »
THAT does not look like it sucked. Grate job!!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 07:29:28 PM »
I would eat that! It looks delicious.