Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Kettle Gas conversion kit  (Read 33353 times)

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Kettle Gas conversion kit
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 07:56:51 PM »
Yeah I have a couple of them, they retail for $120 over here but it's fairly common to pick one up with a 2nd hand kettle.
I sent one to Duke and Reilly , haven't heard how they got on with them though......
It sure gets a kettle hot quick, and it only takes a couple of minutes to convert it back to charcoal
The good thing about them is they attach to any kettle with the one touch system without having to mod the kettle
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 07:59:22 PM »
Yeah I have a couple of them, they retail for $120 over here but it's fairly common to pick one up with a 2nd hand kettle.
I sent one to Duke and Reilly , haven't heard how they got on with them though......
It sure gets a kettle hot quick, and it only takes a couple of minutes to convert it back to charcoal
The good thing about them is they attach to any kettle with the one touch system without having to mod the kettle

Nice, so the burner just goes through one part of the bottom vent "Y"?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 08:25:16 PM »
Yeah that's it

Great for pizzas
If anyone's interested in one PM me
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator

shiner

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 06:15:48 AM »
I hope raising this thread for the dead isn't looked down upon.....

Do these conversion kits still exist? I ordered a 22.5 OTG two years ago and it arrived with some slight cosmetic damage to the bowl and lid. I contacted Weber about it and they sent me a new bowl and lid. Amazing customer service!

The damaged bowl and lid was given to my Dad as he was going to build a cart for it and use it as a second grill for their lake house. Unfortunately shortly after I gave him the grill he was diagnosed with cancer and after giving that damn disease a hell of a fight he died last June. Screw cancer! A couple of weeks ago I was over at my Mom's house doing some cleanup in the workshop when I found the grill still sitting on a shelf. I've been thinking of a way to make some use of it and had considered turning it into a dedicated smoker, but I already have a WSM that I use for that. After more thought I decided that converting it to gas would be ideal for those times I just need a quick grill or for when my wife wants to grill something while I am out of town for work. She doesn't like "messing with charcoal" so this really would be an ideal solution for that if I could find the kit, or some other way, to do the conversion on the kettle.

Again, I hope that necroing this thread is ok.

Thank you.
If anyone runs across a good deal in Oklahoma please let me know.

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 07:36:42 AM »
I spoke to some of our Aussie friends.  The price of the kit (used) isn't bad but that leaves it down under,.  Getting it to me however is KILLER - Plan abandoned  :(
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

shiner

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 07:43:13 AM »
I spoke to some of our Aussie friends.  The price of the kit (used) isn't bad but that leaves it down under,.  Getting it to me however is KILLER - Plan abandoned  :(

Shipping is that brutal? Not surprised, I had something shipped from Italy a few years back and in return I had to send them my first born child.

Guess I will need to look into alternatives. Thank you for your reply.
If anyone runs across a good deal in Oklahoma please let me know.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 12:55:31 PM »
Hey @shiner , the offer still stands but keep in mind that these conversion kits are designed for indirect cooking not grilling. Basically there for people who can't be bothered with charcoal. I normally suggest one of the Q's if your looking for something that's going to be used for a quick grill
Postage is about $60AUD plus what ever you can get the kit for
@Jocool has a few I think if your still interested
                            WKC Collaborator

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 01:14:00 PM »
thanks for exhuming this thread- I never knew of this converter. Why does Weber make stuff unavailable here? Pisses me off. :P
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 02:37:43 PM »
thanks for exhuming this thread- I never knew of this converter. Why does Weber make stuff unavailable here? Pisses me off. :P
You and me pal - an most of us here!!  Whats up with that!! 8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 05:31:09 AM »

@Jocool has a few I think if your still interested

I have a couple of these in boxes and some used ones. If anyone wants to pay the freight, I'm happy to do a good price for the lot.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

If it breathes, we can cook it!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2015, 07:59:11 AM »
I might be interested @Jocool - can you pm me what you'd be looking for $?
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2015, 08:40:34 AM »
@SixZeroFour - If you make a deal with Jocool, i might be interested in one  8)

SixZeroFour

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2015, 09:08:25 AM »
Cool, if we make a deal I just want one of the NIB ones. The rest I will divvy up for actual cost+shipping from Jo so hopefully we can keep things reasonable.
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2015, 09:35:32 AM »
Same here...depending on the cost, I might be interested in one..can be used as long as it works.