Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Kettle Gas conversion kit  (Read 33352 times)

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Kettle Gas conversion kit
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 09:43:27 AM »

Gas Conversion Kit
Roast or bake in your barbecue kettle with gas. This system comes with a stainless steel burner and two heat settings to achieve similar temperatures to charcoal cooking. The Weber Gas Kit will only fit 57cm 'One-Touch' kettles and is only for indirect gas cooking. Comes with a hose and regulator and 5 year warranty.
Product Code: 8506$119.95 rrp

From the Weber Australia site.

I don't think that I need one of these, but it is kind of cool! I wonder what temperatures  the two heat settings are?
This would allow for the use of a kettle  during fire restrictions... ::)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 09:49:01 AM by jcnaz »
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

shiner

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 12:03:21 PM »

@Jocool has a few I think if your still interested

I have a couple of these in boxes and some used ones. If anyone wants to pay the freight, I'm happy to do a good price for the lot.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

I would be interested in a new one depending on what your asking price is. PM me the details please.

If anyone runs across a good deal in Oklahoma please let me know.

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 12:27:28 PM »
May I suggest that (if the deal flies) someone make copies of the manual to be included with the used ones.

RTFM

8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2015, 04:15:57 PM »
I'll have a look over the weekend at what I have. I know I have 2 BNIB units. And possibly 3 used. One of the used ones is near mint.

And to be fair, I expect Shiner to have the first right of refusal as it was he that mentioned it first.

If it breathes, we can cook it!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2015, 05:59:53 PM »
Absolutely, maybe he's interested in the cost sharing plan too?
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

shiner

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2015, 06:01:55 PM »
I'll have a look over the weekend at what I have. I know I have 2 BNIB units. And possibly 3 used. One of the used ones is near mint.

And to be fair, I expect Shiner to have the first right of refusal as it was he that mentioned it first.

Thank you Jocool, I appreciate this. As I'm new here I don't want to step on anyone's toes though so if there is something to be said for seniority on the forums and those who have it getting first shot at something for sale I'm fine with that.

shiner

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2015, 06:02:19 PM »
Absolutely, maybe he's interested in the cost sharing plan too?

Whatever helps.

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2015, 06:14:51 PM »
Could I get an address to base my quotes on please. I think a city and state wiuld be sufficient at this stage.

If it breathes, we can cook it!

jbenavidez2

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2015, 12:53:17 PM »
I'm interested too!
Looking for Blues

Currently have: 26.75 Gold; 22.5 SS Performer (Red Mist); 22.5 Mastertouch (Ivory); 18 Sam Adams (Copper); SJS; Jumbo Joe; 18.5 WSM; Genesis EP-330 LP (Copper); Summit S-450 NG; Fireplace; Firepit; Summit 400 Flat Top; Simpsons 22.5 Gold

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2015, 02:57:35 AM »
Has anyone looked into modding a kettle with the burner of a WGA?

I'm thinking that an 18" would make an ideal indirect grill.

Maybe a Q burner as well?
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

jbenavidez2

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2015, 12:52:40 PM »
Just found a site that could help those who want them NIB from a store there .  You pay them $10, Shipping is $60, $87 for the gas converter and voila! I'm thinkin of buying a few and selling them here at cost just for kicks!  Hopefully the shipping cost will go down with multiples.
Looking for Blues

Currently have: 26.75 Gold; 22.5 SS Performer (Red Mist); 22.5 Mastertouch (Ivory); 18 Sam Adams (Copper); SJS; Jumbo Joe; 18.5 WSM; Genesis EP-330 LP (Copper); Summit S-450 NG; Fireplace; Firepit; Summit 400 Flat Top; Simpsons 22.5 Gold