Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mid Atlantic Meetup 2018  (Read 3450 times)

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
Mid Atlantic Meetup 2018
« on: May 11, 2018, 01:19:27 PM »
Let's do it! Dates? Locations? DC, Baltimore, Philly, Southern PA, Eastern Shore, Jersey, etc.

How about late Summer this time - before school starts? I'm up for a drive if there's a place closer to DC, but if all else fails we'll do it here at my place again. Pass the word @Peaspurple @dwnthehatch @wyd @mike.stavlund @OoPEZoO @Neil_VT00 @james1787 @teerhardy @Tim in PA @YardBurner @pnr @NMETL_Tony   I can't check the map as it's frozen (taken hostage like Photobucket) @pbe gummi bear

Any members traveling out here around then are welcome too. Family, kids, friends of friends. All good.

Marty
Retired

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
Re: Mid Atlantic Meetup 2018
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 10:53:14 AM »
I'd love it!  I'll be looking for a spot near me in Northern Virginia. 

Thanks for getting us started, Marty!
One of the charcoal people.

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 03:01:10 PM »
I hope I can make it and meet some great grillfellas!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 05:47:19 AM »
I'll look into our two neighborhood parks on Kent Island.  The huge one  with a spectacular view of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge has a restroom(not sure if it is usable) and the other has a very nice pavilion but no bathrooms. Both have kid-friendly play areas.

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 05:51:40 AM »
I'll look into our two neighborhood parks on Kent Island.  The huge one  with a spectacular view of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge has a restroom(not sure if it is usable) and the other has a very nice pavilion but no bathrooms. Both have kid-friendly play areas.
A few pics. Wind may be a factor though.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 06:11:23 AM »
Ooooh KI would be nice! I rented a home on the water there last fall and it was beeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullllllllllllll! There was also a large park that looks similar to that one that even had a kettle or two there, for what I assume is community usage.

Actually looking more closely at the pictures, it was that same park! The kettles were behind the bathrooms. @dwnthehatch I thought about contacting you just to say hi but I was still new here so I didn't and I didn't know you were in the same neighborhood. I should have though because the house we rented only had a gasser :P. KI gets my vote :D
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 06:17:29 AM by Firemunkee »

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 07:11:41 AM »
Ooooh KI would be nice! I rented a home on the water there last fall and it was beeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttiiiiiiiiiiiiffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullllllllllllll! There was also a large park that looks similar to that one that even had a kettle or two there, for what I assume is community usage.

Actually looking more closely at the pictures, it was that same park! The kettles were behind the bathrooms. @dwnthehatch I thought about contacting you just to say hi but I was still new here so I didn't and I didn't know you were in the same neighborhood. I should have though because the house we rented only had a gasser :P. KI gets my vote :D

I wish I had known... I love it in Bay City. I'm selling my home and moving back to my Annapolis to purchase my childhood home soon. I'll miss the views.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 07:13:32 AM by dwnthehatch »

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 07:52:45 PM »
Oooo.  Count me/us in!
Wife couldn't make it last time but would love to come.
Been lookin for this post.
Thanks, Marty.

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 02:19:38 PM »
@DynaGlide @Stocksaf @sodaking27 @Savage13 @tonydig @Filibuster @DrewZ @Neil_VT00 @james1787 @Tim in PA

@Troy These mentions did not automatically resolve to the correct format to actually mention the member. I am also using a browser and not the app. I had to manually wrote them out above.
@Neil_VT00 @james1787 @Tim in PA
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 02:26:19 PM by Firemunkee »

Savage13

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 04:18:36 PM »
I’d make the trip that’s for sure! Sounds like a good time.

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2018, 09:40:32 AM »
Bump! I think having it on Kent Island would be nice, esp with that view! Would be great if people have those pop up canopies for some shade. Only thing would be if the bathrooms are available.

@mike.stavlund did you find anything in NOVA?

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2018, 10:58:36 AM »
Sorry guys, I sent our HOA a request and received no response. I then missed the HOA meeting to request the community park due to being on vacation. I did notice that the plumbing was on the agenda for the meeting. I'm not sure what's going on at this point. I'll keep trying.

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2018, 07:28:41 AM »
Sorry to drop the ball. I have had a cough that has been going on for over a month that recently developed into pneumonia. I'm slowly getting better but now have to worry about hurricane prep. I'm only a few feet above sea level on Kent Island.

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2018, 11:16:19 AM »
I was thinking about you @dwnthehatch - sorry to hear about the illness. Hope it works itself out quickly.

I was renting  a home on the water in St Michaels when Gloria paid the Eastern Shore a visit in 1985. No major damage, (trees down, water lapping at the door, 19' tri-hull boat swamped) but way too close for comfort. Spent the night in Easton during the peak.

For all WKCers in the Florence-affected areas, stay safe!
Retired

hanahana

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2018, 11:09:27 PM »
I agree with the second comment..........
Graduated from Soran   University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science