Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: DC area: Calling cooks for Saturday, Nov. 17.  (Read 1664 times)

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
DC area: Calling cooks for Saturday, Nov. 17.
« on: November 14, 2018, 05:40:29 AM »
Hey, following the massive success of our last event in conjunction with Common Table, Church of the Good Shepherd, and WKC, we're planning another big cook for a car show at the same location.  Of course you'll want to bring at least one grill, but we've got grills and charcoal and food aplenty, all in place.  You can just bring yourself and your expertise. 

Once again we are going straight simple, making only sandwiches (pork loin, chix thighs, hot dogs, sausages, and veggie burgers).  Aiming to start serving at 11am, so we'll fire up about 9am.  Come when you can, stay as long as you like. 

https://www.goodshepherdva.com/how-to-find-us

2351 Hunter Mill Road, Vienna, VA  22181
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 05:44:00 AM by mike.stavlund »
One of the charcoal people.

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
Re: DC area: Calling cooks for Saturday, Nov. 17.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 09:53:19 AM »
I tried, but I just can't make it this time. For anyone local this is a fun way to spend a day - I highly recommend it. The car show alone would be worth it! No experience necessary - Mike can show you the grilling-for-a-crowd ropes like no other. Don't make his daughter's do the heavy lifting!
Retired

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 12:06:47 PM »
Big ups to @Firemunkee for coming by to encourage us and offer his expertise.   A great guy, and an excellent cook. 

I don't necessarily recommend cooking 200 sandwiches on 3 grills, but I now know it's possible.  ;-)

Mid-Atlantic crew, I'll be aiming to schedule a WKC meetup in conjunction with the spring car show at the same location.  Our collections aren't as loud, but they are much more delicious.  I'll let you know as soon as they decide the date. 
One of the charcoal people.

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 04:55:00 PM »
It was a lot of fun! I look forward to the next one and hopefully I can lend a kettle or two next time!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.