Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Carson Rodizio Kit  (Read 3597 times)

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
Re: Carson Rodizio Kit
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2018, 09:43:58 AM »
Nope. Not 4me. I will, however, buy another kettle... if the right one comes along. No grail involved, just one that makes me want it. I gotta get pix posted of the 18" greenie I got from Mr.CPHo. Sweet.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Carson Rodizio Kit
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2018, 10:20:20 AM »
Part of the design is to have a multi zone cooking. Lowest rack is more for searing and the higher racks used as a warming rack or for food that requires lower heat. Without the use of the lid, it would be very hard to control the temperature. The different heights of the racks provide an option to choose the temperature setting at the food level.
I host 4-12 of my buddies for a weekly drinking session and we are a bunch of meat eaters while drinking.  We are always on the patio drinking and cooking. Having the Rodizio kit should solve the problem of the  meat/food getting cold.  Just slice a portion of the meat  and back on the rack to keep it warm. Sure you could use a skewer but sometimes constantly turning them can be a hassle especially when everybody are working on their second 6 packs.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 07:16:41 AM by Jules V. »

RemoGaggi

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2018, 12:12:11 PM »
I say Go for it!  Even though it'll take a few months, time seems to be flying by nowadays and 2-3 months will pass before you know it.  Additionally, you might kinda forget about it and then get surprised when it shows up!
18" Middy & 26" Kettle, SnS, Summit S-620, Broilmaster D3CP

troy0411

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2018, 01:42:16 PM »
The Carson Rodizio Kit is in stock at The Outdoor Store www.theoutdoorstore.co

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2018, 03:44:06 PM »
Welcome to WKC, Troy.

That Colombian web site isn't coming up for me, but that's probably a blessing. ;)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2018, 04:29:55 PM »
It's finally available when i have 3 upcoming family vacations to finance.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2018, 04:33:16 PM »
Welcome to WKC, Troy.

That Colombian web site isn't coming up for me, but that's probably a blessing. ;)
Just get it so you can do a thorough evaluation while i round up the kids piggy banks.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2018, 10:23:01 PM »

I don’t get the allure of this contraption. Seems like it would be awkward and a pain in the butt to clean. And as a bonus it’s expensive and on back order. Bamboo skewers are cheap and I can load a 22 completely up directly over coals. Turn and rotate frequently and throw the skewers away when done.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

That's kind of like saying that a Weber roti is pointless because you can put a chicken or two on the grill and rotate them until they are done.  With this, you just kick back and drink while everything rotates itself.     I'd love to have one, but too cheap to fork over that kind of dough for one.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2018, 02:20:05 AM »
This is a little something I’m working on

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2018, 06:48:36 AM »
That looks fun!  Probably a better price as well.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2018, 07:28:18 PM »
Yes
Much less $$
And almost as much fun!

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!