Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Tonight's dinner  (Read 1380 times)

mikeinctown

• WKC Brave
Tonight's dinner
« on: May 18, 2013, 04:51:15 PM »
Since I live in an apartment complex I can't grill on my balcony. ( I load my weber in my truck and go to parks where I can grill) So to smoke I have to go electric. Here is a rack of ribs and a couple garlic kielbasa in my Smokin-it model #2. So easy to use. Put a hunk of wood in, set the thermostat and walk away for 4 hours. 4 hours later open the door and collect your prize. Ribs were made with some rub I found on line. Mix of brown sugar, regular sugar, and a few other spices here and there. Really basic, but it works well on chicken and ribs.

IMAG0659 by mikeinctown, on Flickr

IMAG0660 by mikeinctown, on Flickr

IMAG0665 by mikeinctown, on Flickr

So very tender and juicy. Didn't even sauce them up. Might try tomorrow cooking for an extra half hour and adding sauce during that time. Still have two racks to go as the pack of St Louis ribs at Costco came with three. (and next weekend is the rib cook off here in town) Oh, and that's not a turd on the rack. Just a hunk of meat that was attached by fat to the ribs, so I trimmed the fat and smoked the meat.

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger
Re: Tonight's dinner
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 05:10:03 PM »
Perfect!  Thats the same kind of rub Im doing tomorrow.  Cool smoker...looks like it does a good job.

Thanks for the tips in the other thread.
The only thing better than BBQ is more BBQ
Black Performer -- 18-1/2" Coca-Cola OTS -- Mini WSM -- 18-1/2" WSM -- 1997 Blue OTG -- 2014 Jumbo Joe / WSM

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 05:11:49 PM »

Nice !!!

Looked like one of those CookShack models, but then I looked back up above.....

Bummer they won't let you cook there, but I've seen that a bunch.....the wife gave me her kettle before we were married for just that reason......

Good you got smart & did the end around with this cooker !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Craig

• WKC Mod
Tonight's dinner
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 02:53:26 AM »
Looks pretty tasty from where I sit. :)

wolgast

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 09:32:13 AM »
Fuck me that looks good!