Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Extra large taco & extra vent.  (Read 4784 times)

Pennball

• Smokey Joe
Re: Extra large taco & extra vent.
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2018, 05:35:26 PM »
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2018, 06:46:30 AM »
I like the double top vents. But of course I'd be way too scared to ever try it on one of my colored lids.

More than once we've all had to crack the lid to get more heat generated, only to worry that food near the cracked opening might be getting cold from winter air.

Those "lid damper handles" (the black insulators on lid vents) are a MUST on any kettle IMO.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2018, 12:45:08 PM »
It's ok to drill holes as long it's a dime-a-dozen black lid. Not for your vintage colored kettles.  Temperature can get higher anywhere between 100F-150F by adding an extra lid damper. You actually don't lose much heat by cracking the lid. Just make sure the "cracked portion" is opposite the lid damper.

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2018, 04:10:56 AM »
Ever thought about using a bolt with a couple washers on either side of a spring and a lock nut or double nut to lock it in place.  That would prevent from having to adjust a hot wing nut for vent adjustments.