Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Roti spit  (Read 1841 times)

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
Roti spit
« on: April 05, 2018, 05:04:56 PM »
Is there a gasser spit that works with the Weber ring?  I see a bunch on eBay but the lengths are never mentioned.  Anything close?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Re: Roti spit
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 05:09:54 PM »
I was wondering about this myself. I have a vintage ring that needs a spit and a modern one that needs one too.
Weber doesn't sell replacement ones for the modern ring anymore and neither does eraplacements.com.
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 05:36:07 PM »
They're longer ... so take a Dremel to it, to create the groove as best you can, unless you want it to clunk around and gouge out the ring's groove.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Old Dave

• WKC Brave
    • Old Dave's Po-Farm
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 05:38:04 PM »
Best place for rotisserie parts is One Grill

https://www.onegrill.com/default.asp

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 05:38:17 PM »
I tried this vintage roti kit for a gasser, P/N 9210, and it didn’t work.  I, too, have a vintage ring with the wider bracket and need to find the correct motor and spit.  I’d hoped the parts were interchangeable with the gassers, but didn’t work.  The motor fits the bracket, but the spit length wasn’t correct.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable could shed some light. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 08:05:56 PM »
I often wondered if a bushing would allow a longer rod to work..

I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Old Dave

• WKC Brave
    • Old Dave's Po-Farm
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 11:49:15 PM »
I often wondered if a bushing would allow a longer rod to work..

It sure will, I use them on several of my rotisserie setups.

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 03:13:04 AM »
I got a Charbroil universal kit on clearance from HD and modified my ring to fit that motor mount and spit, but the problem is that it’s round with a flat side, the forks tend loosen up and slip.  I see why this thing was on clearance.  I bought another spit off CL which is nice , but too short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 03:15:32 AM »
I just get them and cut to fit whatever size grill rotisserie ring. No need for the ferrule/bushing either - I mark the contact points of the rod and the ring cutouts and round out the rod on a bench grinder.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 07:12:59 AM »
I got a Charbroil universal kit on clearance from HD and modified my ring to fit that motor mount and spit, but the problem is that it’s round with a flat side, the forks tend loosen up and slip.  I see why this thing was on clearance.  I bought another spit off CL which is nice , but too short.

Dan, what is the length of your CL spit? Might have one you can have, if your short one fits my Genesis Jr.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"