Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Thank You Weber Customer Service!  (Read 1368 times)

mdb240

• WKC Brave
Thank You Weber Customer Service!
« on: May 21, 2018, 03:30:32 PM »
Just want to send a shout-out to Weber customer service! I wanted to fix up my older blue performer with a metal table and new lid bale as well as covers for the perofrmer and a genesis. I inquired about price of each so I can do some internet price checking. I found eBay was the cheapest for the covers, $35 as opposed to the $60+ price each so I purchased those and then called Weber back. After chatting with the rep a bit, she gave me the discount price for the table and lid bale.. around $34 and $12. I could tell I reached a nice rep so I asked about grates for my Genesis. Quoted $120 for the stainless steel and then offered the discounted price of $70. Add them to the cart... $130 for table, bale, Genesis grates and shipping..  I'll take it!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Thank You Weber Customer Service!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 06:14:52 PM »
Holy shit, $34 for the newer table and $12 for the newer lid bale?

Get a name?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

mdb240

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 07:03:54 PM »
Holy shit, $34 for the newer table and $12 for the newer lid bale?

Get a name?

Im really bad at names. I actually called back because I wanted to order something else and I gave them my order # and they said she worked at a satelite campus so they couldn't connect me otherwise they would have been able to. Maybe that is the secret, when I first called for.my.recon prices I asked if there was any discount and they said no. The second time I called back after I was told the prices I asked if that was the best they could do and she looked up the discount price she was able to give me
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 07:07:26 PM by mdb240 »

putoluto

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 07:32:21 AM »
Another shout-out and positive experience with Weber Customer Service!

I just called to order a couple of leg caps (one to put on and a spare) for my 1987 22-incher. The lady, who was new and kept checking with a supervisor because or the age of the kettle and lack of a serial number, was very nice. When she told me they had them and they were $5 each I was a bit shocked but was going to bite the bullet. Then she said they could not just mail the but had to Fedex them to me.  I balked at paying $18 and change, nearly $20,  for two pieces of 25-cent plastic!  She went back to her supervisor and then she told me they would send them gratis! :-) :-) :-)

Thanks Customer Service!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 07:49:24 AM »
^^^ That's good, because you buy them in either black or white, from Ace Hardware for like a buck-and-a-half.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

putoluto

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 08:05:22 AM »
Exactly what I was thinking, they had to be a standard size and cheap.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 10:44:03 AM »

The plastic caps that come on 1lb propane bottles also work: everything in question = 1 inch diameter. Those caps are just a little bit short but they work.

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 11:14:14 AM »

The plastic caps that come on 1lb propane bottles also work: everything in question = 1 inch diameter. Those caps are just a little bit short but they work.
This is what I use. It does the job!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 05:34:06 PM »
Were leg caps always white?

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 06:13:54 PM »
Were leg caps always white?

Wanna say yes.

Which is why my 1lb propane bottle cap suggestion may be less than helpful for the restoration crowd. :)

mdb240

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 06:06:01 PM »
Nooooooooo.... They sent me the wrong bale! Well, they sent me the right one for my grill but I wanted the new version. I already called customer service and I got rejected when I asked for the new version. Ugh. The table looks nice though :)  I need ito get a wooden vent handle to match, should have bought them together from Brian :(

Does anyone have a pic of the clip for the newer table to the charcoal bin? From the photo it looks like a lanyard hook, that doesn't seem right though.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 06:11:10 PM by mdb240 »

mdb240

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 06:07:31 PM »
Pics

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 06:12:33 PM by mdb240 »

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2018, 07:23:41 PM »
Wow that is real purty! I find it strange that they rejected you for the newer lid bale size. I thought I've read of other members ordering it no problem. I don't have a picture but the gen3 and gen4 performer have the same clip for the newer table to the charcoal bin. It is as you described it.
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2018, 04:51:54 AM »
You have to order by part number, not reference a grill model. And then get lucky if they don’t insist on referencing a grill model, screwing it all up.

I sense that the table is easier to order because it’s now becoming a replacement item in Weber’s consideration, given that the old table is out of production. Not the case with the old lid bale however.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 04:53:39 AM by addicted-to-smoke »

mdb240

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2018, 10:33:54 AM »
Situation has been rectified and they got me for more $$ because I ordered more stuff with the replacement bale. I told the guy I wanted the newer version so he manually looked for it but was having trouble so I supplied him with the part #. Here is my most recent order, all stuff at a discount and I didn't really haggle to get it :)