Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Been Asked to BBQ for a Wedding  (Read 3424 times)

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
Re: Been Asked to BBQ for a Wedding
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2018, 04:44:20 PM »
A lot of good advice to digest Mark.  I don't know about anyone else here, but I consistently get lose 50% going from pre-cooked to finished pulled pork.  So you may be looking at somewhere around 40 lbs. when you're done which means about 5 oz. per person (if I did my math correctly).  If that's the only protein, that's cutting it way close, at least in the crowds I cook for. 

BD
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 04:48:25 PM by Big Dawg »
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2018, 04:35:43 AM »
Another advantage to doing a couple days in advance is that I think the smoke flavor develops a little more after a day or two vs right off the cooker. At least that’s what I’ve noticed.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2018, 07:26:58 AM »
A lot of good advice to digest Mark.  I don't know about anyone else here, but I consistently get lose 50% going from pre-cooked to finished pulled pork.  So you may be looking at somewhere around 40 lbs. when you're done which means about 5 oz. per person (if I did my math correctly).  If that's the only protein, that's cutting it way close, at least in the crowds I cook for. 

BD

I used http://virtualweberbullet.com/pulled-pork-butt-servings-calculator.html and when I plugged in 80 pounds at 50% yield I get 128 servings. I'll probably do one or two extra butts just in case. If I end up getting a better yield, then who would complain about that, right? Leftovers!!

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2018, 04:26:55 PM »
Yeah, I would probably plan on doing two extras.  Keep the bride happy on her day ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna