Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Red Limited Edition Performer  (Read 16678 times)

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Red Limited Edition Performer
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2018, 08:58:22 AM »
The gen 2 with a red and metal table upgrade, might just be the best performer combination ever!
Excellent job!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Not exactly a gen2. Gen2 front panel, gen3 tube frame and wire rack,gen4 rear panel and  top. Only keeping 3 modded ssp and 3 modded gen2.  Just trying to add a bit of a different look to all of them.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Re: Red Limited Edition Performer
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2018, 09:10:08 AM »
Excellent job! I like it.
Why is the bottom rack inverted from left to right? (you know what I mean?)
Here's the reason why i rotated the wire rack.

I needed a flat surface for a rectangular charcoal bucket. Obviously the char bin doesn't fit anymore since I lowered the grill to a height of 24". Besides i consider the char bin to be almost useless. It's not suitable for storing charcoal because the lack of a lid and therefore not watertight.  Only good for storing grill covers etc.

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2018, 09:10:19 AM »

The gen 2 with a red and metal table upgrade, might just be the best performer combination ever!
Excellent job!

Not exactly a gen2. Gen2 front panel, gen3 tube frame and wire rack,gen4 rear panel and  top. Only keeping 3 modded ssp and 3 modded gen2.  Just trying to add a bit of a different look to all of them.

Yeah I totally noticed some of that. The SS looking tubing with the same wire rack, plus all the black accents really make it pop!
Really nice job!

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2018, 09:19:50 AM »
I really dig this mod.  I had thought about it myself but remembered there were no more bowl mounts to be had.

Congrats on a really sweet grill!!!  Well done on the conversion!
Bowl mounts are everywhere. You just have to make them yourself out of a 11 or 12 gauge ss plate.   It's just pia and time consuming  if you don't have the proper tools.  Fortunately i have access  to bowl mounts. A local wkc  member who wants to remain anonymous made a bunch of sets for me.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2018, 09:42:57 AM »
sweet !!!! I need a LE red...none around here....hey qwest..........lol.....
That turned out great!!!!
Home depot will not show availability of this item online.  You have to walk in the closest store and go to customer svc. Their computer will show store location availability. I checked Lowe's last week and rainer location was showing 19 available but it's for $149. Not sure if they'll price match though.

mattlillis73

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2018, 10:50:04 AM »
This is a sweet mod. I have a ssp with a bad bowl. I just might have to try this.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

mattlillis73

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2018, 10:50:29 AM »
This is a sweet mod. I have a ssp with a bad bowl. I just might have to try this.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2018, 11:11:13 AM »

Initially I wanted to mount it in a ssp frame but i already have a red ssp so it ended up on this frame for time being. Will probably end up on a different modded gen2/ssp frame later.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2018, 11:14:07 AM »
Wow, you have some skills bro. Post that to the Weber Facebook group. Tell them how they can improve on the red LE and maybe sell a few more units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm very  sure Weber knows how to improve their grills, they just happen to be too preoccupied with the bottom  line.

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2018, 01:16:51 PM »
I really dig this mod.  I had thought about it myself but remembered there were no more bowl mounts to be had.

Congrats on a really sweet grill!!!  Well done on the conversion!
Bowl mounts are everywhere. You just have to make them yourself out of a 11 or 12 gauge ss plate.   It's just pia and time consuming  if you don't have the proper tools.  Fortunately i have access  to bowl mounts. A local wkc  member who wants to remain anonymous made a bunch of sets for me.

Anyone happen to have a template?

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2018, 01:23:56 PM »
Awesome work, Jules.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2018, 01:36:57 PM »
You really don't need a template. Just line up the  bowls properly and do your markings. Measure and veryify hole locations. Make the necessary adjustment and you're good to go. Have always used this method with a very accurate hole placement.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Red Limited Edition Performer
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2018, 01:37:21 PM »
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 02:06:05 PM by Jules V. »

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2018, 01:57:12 PM »
I meant a template for the brackets.  My apologies, I should've better communicated that.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2018, 02:04:37 PM »
@Bubblehead

If you want to make your own bracket, then find an old  damaged bowl  that has a bracket. Just cut it off the bowl to use as a template