Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Red Limited Edition Performer  (Read 16679 times)

lunchpirate

• Smokey Joe
Re: Red Limited Edition Performer
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2018, 01:23:42 PM »
@lunchpirate

Sorry if i got you confused about the introduction. You might need to redo it so you have proper introduction and all the great wkc members have a better chance of getting to know you. The intro goes here Introduce Yourself
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=63141&share_sfid=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Fweberkettleclub%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Findex%2Ephp%3Fboard%3D2&share_type=sf

Also, just trim the legs on the casters by 1/2" and not 3/4". The frame should be level. You can not drill new holes for the axle as the holes will be too close together.
Thanks JulesV. I'll post my formal intro there.

Here is a pic of the new and old caster just for clarity. I'll double check but I believe the differential is more than .5"  Thanks for the alternate solution of shortening the caster side. I didn't think of that.

Best Regards,

TomS.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 01:44:52 PM by Jules V. »

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Red Limited Edition Performer
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2018, 01:42:15 PM »
@lunchpirate

That caster doesn't look like it originally came with a performer. Prior owner might have replaced it with an aftermarket caster. Bigger casters actually work much better. Judging by the photo, it does look even bigger than the casters from the newer performers so the 3/4" you mentioned  should be dead on.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 01:45:39 PM by Jules V. »

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2018, 03:44:04 PM »
Those are the same casters from the new Genesis gassers.  I used a pair on my SSP build too.  This pic includes the caster insert, part number and website from which I obtained them.

Welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

lunchpirate

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2018, 04:24:38 PM »
Hi Mr.CPHo!  You are correct!  I just purchased an E310 and through those casters would look great on my SSP.  I called Weber support and ordered a pair.  Thanks for the link!  Had I known they were local (to where I live) I could have saved a lot of time searching for those inserts!

Best Regards,

TomS.