Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WeBBQ Additional cooking grate  (Read 2191 times)

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
WeBBQ Additional cooking grate
« on: February 27, 2018, 09:41:50 PM »
BBQ are never enough

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
Re: WeBBQ Additional cooking grate
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 10:23:33 AM »
You folks make some pretty awesome stuff!!!  I just wish I had access.

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 10:34:57 AM »
thank you very much for the compliment ... these are the words that make me proud

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
BBQ are never enough

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 04:23:13 PM »
You know that you are knocking us all out over here with all of the imaginative stuff that you're cranking out ! ! !

I almost hate to click on your videos because I know I'm going to be so impressed - and so depressed - at the same time.

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 11:33:46 PM »
You know that you are knocking us all out over here with all of the imaginative stuff that you're cranking out ! ! !

I almost hate to click on your videos because I know I'm going to be so impressed - and so depressed - at the same time.

Thank you very much my friend .... share with you all my passion and the accessories we make is the most beautiful thing in the world! even before starting to grill I admired your post and I was inspired by many of these for our achievements ... many are my inventions, some are revisitations of existing articles and other simple replicas. the most important thing of all is to share, have fun and always dream of new things never produced!

BD
BBQ are never enough

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 08:20:10 AM »
One question: How does this modification impact refueling during long cooks? 

I ask because I've seen many examples of adding a third grate by putting a bolt of some kind in between the two current rack locations.  That's great if you want to cook an extra 3 racks of ribs.  But your mod will allow extra Butts or an extra Brisket.  That means a long cook.  In my experience, at the very least I have to have access to move the coals (pull them together) during the later stages of the cook.  Many times, particularly with Briskets, I have to add coals.  So, I'm curious how much lowering the water pan interferes with access to fuel.

Grazie ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 12:20:57 AM »

Hello, certainly to have access to the embers with very long cooking access from the door is very sacrificed ..... the important thing is that without changes, holes or other invasive interventions can restore the original setup at any time.

For roasts, sausages, chicken, chicken wings, ribs, bacon etc. an extra plan is really very useful
BBQ are never enough

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
WeBBQ Additional cooking grate
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 12:25:34 AM »
BBQ are never enough

Prof.

• WKC Ranger
    • WeBBQ
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 12:26:11 AM »

Hello, certainly to have access to the embers with very long cooking access from the door is very sacrificed ..... the important thing is that without changes, holes or other invasive interventions can restore the original setup at any time. For roasts, sausages, chicken, chicken wings, ribs, bacon etc. an extra plan is really very useful
BBQ are never enough

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2018, 04:02:59 PM »
Oh, I agree 100%  What you've got there would allow for someone to smoke a dozen Boston Butts (7-8 lbs.) at one time, which is incredible ! ! ! 

I mean, with a little help, you could always lift off the barrell if you needed access to re-fuel.

Keep it up, paisano ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy