Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Holy Grail Kettles  (Read 13829 times)

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Holy Grail Kettles
« on: August 03, 2012, 03:16:26 PM »
So what is your Holy Grail Kettle? Do you have a holy grail kettle? Have you gotten your holy grail?

My holy grail is a SMJ Platinum (NIB yea right ::)) a sorta holy grail is a older (wood handle) green performer or platinum (did they make them?) another would be a bronze colored kettle (wood handle) or any other older colored kettle.

What is the most rare color kettle?      So what is your holy grail?
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Holy Grail Kettles
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 03:30:06 PM »
Mine is an Original 1952 model. In case you never heard my story. I was at a local flea market about 7 years ago and and saw one. It was missing the lid, but I asked about it anyways. I wasn't really into webers at that time. I was into ceramic bbq's and didn't really think enough of it to really take it seriously. I asked the giy how much and he replied $10. I offered $5 and he declined. I thought he might say $7, but didn't so I just left. I still lose sleep over it. :(

One of the others I really wanted was my old red SJ that I have now. I would also like to get my hands on an old sage green one. I have never seen one anywhere other than the catalog. Same with the 18.5 Galley-Q. That would be an amazing grill to have. I like the super rare ones. I also think that aqua blue metal handled 22.5 on ebay would be a real winner. I would really like to get my hands on that.

We call it Weberitis. :-\

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 04:39:22 PM »
well, it was a red 26 - but i scored one of those last fall.

i really want an original 1952. i'd settle for a replica even.

also, one of the solid triangle bottom ones - preferably the crackle green, but id love any color other than black.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 05:08:37 PM »
I am really on the hunt for cool accessories.  I like that big old wok, steak ring, roast holder, the old kabob set, that's the stuff I want.  I would want a big 22" yellow.  Thats the only grill I would go out of my way to buy.  Anything from the very early 60's or the 50's I would be interested in.

Brian
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 08:04:10 PM »
a few that I would really like are

a lime green Seville  (in good shape)
a yellow smokey joe with offset handle on top. (only seen one in a old Weber brochure once)
a 26" Westerner
a 56 Custom Bar B Que Kettle.  (The one with the splattered dark green pattern - l think the same one that Troy mentioned earlier)
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 08:09:38 PM »
See, Troy isn't asian after all. ;) What would have been funny is if you wore a black tvwb shirt and some shades.

Like this guy. 8)

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 08:12:05 PM »
a few that I would really like are

a lime green Seville  (in good shape)
a yellow smokey joe with offset handle on top. (only seen one in a old Weber brochure once)
a 26" Westerner
a 56 Custom Bar B Que Kettle.  (The one with the splattered dark green pattern - l think the same one that Troy mentioned earlier)

ohh yeah, i forgot about the westerner. i'd sacrifice a testicle for one of those in good shape!

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 08:45:10 PM »
Oh, I want what ya'all want, but I want it first!
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2012, 09:30:28 AM »

Me too!! ;D  Since that will probably never happen though, I am looking for blue first preferably a SS performer and then any other colored kettle that may pop up close to me.  In my area, you rarely see anything so they go quick.  When I landed my brick red ss performer, the seller had four others offer asking price after me.   

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 11:55:07 AM »
Ted where you at?

Brian
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2012, 12:04:27 PM »
Ted where you at?

Brian

I am in the Grand Rapids, MI area.  Midwest Michigan area. I am about 2.5 hours west of Detroit and 2.5 hours north up the Lake Michigan coast from Chicago. 

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2012, 12:24:23 PM »

Me too!! ;D  Since that will probably never happen though, I am looking for blue first preferably a SS performer and then any other colored kettle that may pop up close to me.  In my area, you rarely see anything so they go quick.  When I landed my brick red ss performer, the seller had four others offer asking price after me.   

i scored a blue SS performer today for 50 bucks!

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 01:24:04 PM »

i scored a blue SS performer today for 50 bucks!

Well good for you!  Go ahead and rub it in.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 03:21:33 PM »
I think he just did.. (Rub it in, that is!)

Great score, now lets see it!
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 04:23:48 PM »
wasn't trying to rub it in.
if it makes you feel any better, i already resold it (for 50 bucks)