Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber BAR-B-KETTLE history  (Read 1179 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Weber BAR-B-KETTLE history
« on: February 27, 2018, 08:11:27 PM »
What years did Weber make the BAR-B-KETTLE with the user installed daisy wheels and in what colors?  I have a Gray one. Did they make Red Mist and others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

GrillGuyMosier

• WKC Ranger
    • My eBay Items
Re: Weber BAR-B-KETTLE history
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 04:47:43 AM »
i have no clue about the user installed daisy wheels or colors available but i know they still offer the BAR-B-KETTLE in Europe
Text @ 419-619-6379

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 04:52:36 AM »
The 1980s-90s trimmed down BAR B KETTLE were around for sure as early as 1989 and were made through the end of 1999. That’s not to say they didn’t exist prior to ‘89. I need to do some digging because I remember No1Agent coming across a two bowl handled G code 1985 red BBK. As for colors they were available in black, red, green and grey for sure. I own a green 1991 N code and a red mist 1996 ER code. The black ones had the economy triangle but the reds greens and greys had the full frame triangle. Not sure why there was a difference..

HOLY GRAILS: 1950s era Black or Custom finish 18.5 or 22.5 Kettle, Brown Go Anywhere grill.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 05:16:30 AM »
@Craig, thanks for the info.  I love learning Weber’s history.  You should write a book. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 05:54:15 AM »
Craig, just what I was looking for! Thank you for all your knowledge and your willingness to share.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 02:54:43 PM »
Bar b Kettle terminology has been around basically since the beginnings of weber. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 03:40:06 PM »
Bar b Kettle terminology has been around basically since the beginnings of weber. 

I know the lid vents used to say BAR-B-Q-KETTLE but that’s different than the economy BAR-B-KETTLE that I was asking about.

Reference on the master touch history page.

http://weberkettleclub.com/history/the-weber-master-touch-history/

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 08:58:25 PM »
Love the history

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow