Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rotisserie  (Read 1349 times)

Garfield

• Smokey Joe
Rotisserie
« on: February 13, 2018, 12:44:19 AM »
Where’s the best place to find a rotisserie for a 22” kettle? Don’t want to pay retail of $159.00.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Rotisserie
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 03:39:43 AM »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Rotisserie
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 03:41:31 AM »
even at retail they are a great investment and an awesome tool for the grill
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 03:46:55 AM »
I paid retail for my Weber rotiss and have NO regrets. Love it! Get on craigslist and search around... you might get lucky...
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 03:50:09 AM »
   Wasn't  there a cheap Chinese knockoff rotisserie called open fire or something like that. Use the search button

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 03:51:56 AM »
You could be patient and find one used with a kettle.

au4stree

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 04:52:53 AM »
Have you tried a little haggling with your local Weber dealer?  Sometimes they’re willing to deal...

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Piggs McGee BBQ
"We're kind of a big deal"

tmartin

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2018, 06:52:02 AM »
I have the cheaper Onlyfire rotisserie, I paid $75 for it but it looks like it is around $90 now.  It's ok, the motor handled an 18 pound turkey fairly easily and it fits to the kettle nicely.   The weak point is the motor bracket.  The bracket bends significantly as the rotisserie turns, so much so that the rod pops out alot.  I really need to keep an eye on it, ended up putting a white sticker on the handle so I can tell if it is still spinning from the window.  Because of the issue with the rod popping out I would not recommend it to anyone unless you are on a major budget, I really wish I could trust it to just run without needing to check on it every 10-15 minutes.  I really regret not going with the Weber or Cajun Bandit roti and will be upgrading to one of those in the future. 

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2018, 07:52:28 AM »
I have the cheaper Onlyfire rotisserie, I paid $75 for it but it looks like it is around $90 now.  It's ok, the motor handled an 18 pound turkey fairly easily and it fits to the kettle nicely.   The weak point is the motor bracket.  The bracket bends significantly as the rotisserie turns, so much so that the rod pops out alot.  I really need to keep an eye on it, ended up putting a white sticker on the handle so I can tell if it is still spinning from the window.  Because of the issue with the rod popping out I would not recommend it to anyone unless you are on a major budget, I really wish I could trust it to just run without needing to check on it every 10-15 minutes.  I really regret not going with the Weber or Cajun Bandit roti and will be upgrading to one of those in the future.

All falls into the category, you get whut you pay 4... Spend the extra bux up front. You won't be sorry.  :)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Poorfolks

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 11:03:51 AM »
Havn't been here for 9 months but just took a chance on a 2290 for $75.75 on the bay plus about $9.00 shipping.
Awesome unit but no counterweight with it.
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I'm still on subject, is the weight supposed to come with the unit?
I want to purchase a cordless motor,
 are the battery motors like Onlyfire or One grill ok?
Thanks

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 11:40:09 AM »
Havn't been here for 9 months but just took a chance on a 2290 for $75.75 on the bay plus about $9.00 shipping.
Awesome unit but no counterweight with it.
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I'm still on subject, is the weight supposed to come with the unit?
I want to purchase a cordless motor,
 are the battery motors like Onlyfire or One grill ok?
Thanks

I have heard that the new Weber roti kits don't come with a counterweight anymore. Mine is a few years old and has one that I have never had to use.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

FTTH

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 12:15:46 PM »
My weber roti is a little of a year old and did not come with a counter balance. It handles imbalances well, but I use a spare counter weight from my dormant gasser to help it along out of habit.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app