Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My new MT Gen.1 Blue  (Read 1922 times)

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
Re: My new MT Gen.1 Blue
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2018, 05:51:15 AM »
That is drop dead gorgeous!! NICE!!!!!!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

jimbo7070

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2018, 11:30:56 AM »
Wow! Great looking grill!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

ButtevilleBBQer

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2018, 07:07:52 AM »
This looks like my EO Blue MT Weber except mine has wooden handles.  If you look up in the age guide on this website it states that Weber went to the non-wooden handles in 2000.  Either yours was on the cusp or someone replaced them with white handles at some time.  Nice Blue Mastertouch!

Cellar2ful

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2018, 07:28:44 AM »
  If you look up in the age guide on this website it states that Weber went to the non-wooden handles in 2000.  Either yours was on the cusp or someone replaced them with white handles at some time. 

I have purchased and flipped several EE Code (1999) MT’s that have had the resin handles. One now resides with @varekai . I believe these were late 1999 year production ones. More than likely Weber used all their existing supply of wood handles and started using the resin handles late in 99. There are many examples of Weber using new stock handles, prior to the year of actual change. C Code (1981) kettles are one example. You can find many  combinations of handles on C Codes depending on when they were manufactured that year. Two rivet handles on the lid and bowel until they used up their existing inventory before switching to the single screw handles.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 08:25:46 AM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"