Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Gaskets on a Weber kettle  (Read 2034 times)

Dh Jam1

• Happy Cooker
Gaskets on a Weber kettle
« on: March 04, 2018, 08:18:27 AM »
Has anyone put a gasket on their kettle? I'm thinking about putting one on mine. If you did, what brand and how did it turn out? Thanks

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Gaskets on a Weber kettle
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 11:53:51 AM »
I have a gasket kit on my wsm that I picked up from another member here. It works very well on that, but I only use it maybe once a month. It will eventually have to be replaced and I doubt if I do that.
My opinion is that it would be unnecessary for a kettle because if you use your grill even a couple times a week it get some build up on it and seal itself, saying that the fit isn’t out of round or something.
Regardless, check out offset smoker accessories and you’ll find gaskets there if you want to research it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2018, 01:33:59 PM »
+1. I’m not a gasket guy.  There’s just no need on a kettle. If you can close your upper and lower vents and kill the coals, your running tight enough. If you can’t then you have a problem that needs corrected aside from using gaskets.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

PBRnight

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 02:33:57 PM »
I just bought lava lock for my performer. I figure I can use it to cover points on lid bale to keep from scratching/chipping lid. Also, To seal the lid. It can only help.