Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Any tried Expert Grill(Walmart) briquettes?  (Read 1003 times)

kob

• WKC Brave
Any tried Expert Grill(Walmart) briquettes?
« on: January 28, 2018, 04:18:57 PM »
Saw these at Walmart for about the price of KBB when it’s on sale. Since my KBB stockpile from the last sale ran out I figured I would see if these will work for basic grilling. Has anyone tried these out? Here is what they look like. I am going to do a comparison with Royal Oak.

Side by side pic of Walmart(left) and royal oak(right). The royal oak looks more quality, but also ~7.50 a bag vs 4.50.

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
Re: Any tried Expert Grill(Walmart) briquettes?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 04:40:45 PM »
Just another store branded Royal Oak...I've used Embers many times (Royal Oak's Home Depot store brand) with no complaints.  Is it as good as Weber briquettes?  No!  Will they do a good job for your average grillfella?  Yes!
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 05:44:18 PM »
Yup. re-branded RO. My local supermarket has their own version. I have used it and it is just fine. In my case, red bag Royal Oak at Lowe's is cheaper than the re-brand at the local supermarket.

FWIW, look up the patent number in the fine print on the bag. It's for the RO ridges.
YouTube channels: GringoBBQ & RubiconFI

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 04:46:04 AM »
Cool I literally stopped and looked at is yesterday and wondered how it was also

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 05:40:27 AM »
I use it when I don’t have the extra spending money for my favorites . It seems that it takes a bit longer to get it started but . It burns hot and does the job . If it’s cheap why not .

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

kob

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 07:22:31 AM »
Cool. This is exactly what i was hoping to hear. If I'm cooking a brisket or something expensive I will be pulling out the weber charcoal. For quick cooks here and there this stuff seems like it will do the trick.