Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pastrami sandwiches for dinner.  (Read 811 times)

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
Pastrami sandwiches for dinner.
« on: January 21, 2018, 03:03:56 PM »
First time on the Summit. Nice smoke and rock solid temp. Got it to the stall at around 155 and then steamed it to 203. Then a few minutes on a hot pan for crust and sliced. Turned out very tasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 03:05:31 PM by mcgolden »

TheKevman

• WKC Brave
Re: Pastrami sandwiches for dinner.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 06:11:25 PM »
Looks perfect! I like how you seared it for crust after it was on the grill. I love pastrami and am a little embarrassed at my ignorance, but what cut of meat is that?

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
A man who has an experience is never at the mercy of a man who has just a theory.

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 08:52:17 AM »
Looks perfect! I like how you seared it for crust after it was on the grill. I love pastrami and am a little embarrassed at my ignorance, but what cut of meat is that?

Thanks.  Regarding the cut of meat, they're just regular corned beef flats I purchased from the store (Sams Club).  I used a recipe that I got off AmazingRibs.com.  Here's a link to the recipe / instructions.  https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/beef-and-bison-recipes/home-made-pastrami-recipe-thats-close-katzs

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 04:44:46 PM »
Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow