Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Any downside to doubling up on flavorizer bars?  (Read 2258 times)

hakrjak

• Happy Cooker
Any downside to doubling up on flavorizer bars?
« on: January 13, 2018, 05:20:57 PM »
Some of my bars are starting to get tiny pin hole rust holes in the tops.  I’m ordering new ones, but thinking about just dropping the new ones over the top of the existing in the hopes that they’ll last longer.  Anybody tried this and know of any downside to such a strategy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Any downside to doubling up on flavorizer bars?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 11:15:10 AM »
I can't think of any downside to doubling up.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 02:10:15 PM »
The downside of doubling up the flavorizer is that it will not get hot enough to burn off the oils or drippings that lands on it. More oils will  flow down to the drip pan. Less flavor perhaps?

Robert

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 04:57:32 AM »
Probably this^^^^ above.  I would look at buying the stainless flavorizer bars that RCPlane Buyer sells on Ebay.  I just bought a couple of sets and they look like they might last a lifetime.  Cooking grates are also amazingly heavy. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Weber-Stainless-Steel-Flavorizer-Bars-7537/140946133263?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Disclaimer:  I am not affliated or compensated in anyway.  Just a friendly offer of advice on some really great products for the price.

Robert

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 06:23:14 AM »
Probably this^^^^ above.  I would look at buying the stainless flavorizer bars that RCPlane Buyer sells on Ebay.  I just bought a couple of sets and they look like they might last a lifetime.  Cooking grates are also amazingly heavy. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Weber-Stainless-Steel-Flavorizer-Bars-7537/140946133263?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Disclaimer:  I am not affliated or compensated in anyway.  Just a friendly offer of advice on some really great products for the price.

Robert
I have had the RCPlanebuyer SS Flavorizers in my 13-bar Genesis for three or four years. They are as good now as when I bought them. They have definitely been worth the money.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

allenb12

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 07:38:45 AM »
 I have the rcplanebuyer SS Flavorizers and they are at lest 3 years old and still in perfect shape.
Spirit 320SS, SSP, 14.5 WSM, Smokey Joe, Q100, King Cooker Fryer, Blackstone 17" Griddle, propane Pizzaque.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 04:17:57 PM »
A downside to doubling up might be that moisture gets trapped between them and accelerates rusting.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791