Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Any advice to minimize or eliminate charcoal briquettes initial white smoke?  (Read 4317 times)

BertVentures

• WKC Brave
    • Mighty Pizza Stone
But the key to minimizing the acrid smoke is to hit the coals with as much flame as possible, which is why an over exuberance from a torch or large gas burner works best (and is faster.)

The torch generates temperatures over 3000º F, that's why I am not sure if the butane single burner will generate enough heat to minimize the acrid smoke like the torch. It's worth the try.
Bert

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
But the key to minimizing the acrid smoke is to hit the coals with as much flame as possible, which is why an over exuberance from a torch or large gas burner works best (and is faster.)

The torch generates temperatures over 3000º F, that's why I am not sure if the butane single burner will generate enough heat to minimize the acrid smoke like the torch. It's worth the try.

It's actually not worth a try, if that's the reason for trying. :)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger

Any recommendation for a good charcoal scoop?
If you're referring to cold charcoal, just use your bare hands or wear a latex gloves. A rectangular bucket makes much easier to pour or control the amount of coal that's needed.

Also, i  only use lump so i don't  really have problems with excessive smoke. While using briquettes in the past and didn't want excess smoke, i used a modified 80000 btu  wok burner.

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
One advantage the SSP has over subsequent Performers is that the charcoal bin has that rubber-ish gasket like thing at the top. It "seals" well enough to the SS table top that the interior will stay dry, although you'd still want to leave them in the bag with the bag top rolled down.

I'm a happy user of the Kingsford Kaddy. Holds a full bag's worth of briquets, is waterproof, and I pour straight from that into the chimney. There are other brands of the same container (sold as pet food containers) that are identical.

My original Stereo comment was made in the context of it being CHEAPER to use, long term, than Weber cubes. But the key to minimizing the acrid smoke is to hit the coals with as much flame as possible, which is why an over exuberance from a torch or large gas burner works best (and is faster.)
Pet food containers?  Brilliant!

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;