Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Spinning pork roast on the LE red  (Read 2029 times)

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
Re: Spinning pork roast on the LE red
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2018, 05:10:56 PM »
Hey Grillagin .... how big was that boneless shoulder. My wife picked up a 5 pounder. was yours +/- 5 pounds?

I think it was around 3 lbs.

Garfield

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2018, 05:19:15 PM »
We’re rotating about 4.5 lbs on the spit, with a small pineapple! I’ll probably go about 1 1/2 hours, until I hit 190 degrees

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2018, 05:48:52 PM »
Oh man I gotta try that, Garfield. So the pineapple cooks as long as the pork roast? I know it's a dumb question but I've been known to yank things off the spit when they cooked at a different rate than whatever else was also on the spit.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2018, 06:46:59 PM »
Looking good!  190 seems a bit high to me, but the roti will keep it moist. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2018, 05:53:52 AM »
Yeah, 190 seems a bit high for IT. I go for 150-155 and let it rest for a bit before slicing.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.