Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Perving the trailer park !  (Read 12413 times)

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Perving the trailer park !
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2013, 08:38:05 AM »

Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Re: Perving the trailer park !
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2013, 10:13:02 AM »
Gave her a quick wash and put a tank on it for looks, had a box of lava rocks for some reason ? LOL

And so the story .....

This trailer park has been there since I was a kid, our friends across the street have land that butts up against another piece owned by their parents . To get to the parents house you have use a right of way through this trailer park from a street 2 blocks away . For some reason our friends were at the parents house and invited our kids to play over there with their kids , so I drove them over there and that's when I spotted it and snapped the first picture. I then called my friend as she grew up there and knew a lot of the neighbors that lived in the park , but she didn't know these people and warned me that there were some bad folks in there , but she did know the people in the house next to the park and thought that they possibly knew the grill owner.

Meanwhile back at the ranch ......

At this point Ive posted the picture here and got verification that it is what I thought it was and now my hearts pounding. I went back and did a drive by and didn't see a car and the house looked deserted with no curtains and well you see the pictures. I could hardly sleep that night and waiting for a friend of a friend doesn't cut it for me , so my plan was to stake out the joint and size up the people before I went in which I did and didn't see anyone . About this time I got a text on a Performer and WSM I had for sale and some guy wanted both, at my asking price which is high and he didn't even blink.

So now Its about 6:00 pm and I have a pocket full of cash and am brimming with confidence and swagger . I decided Id pay up to $100.00 for this thing and went to the local store to break a $ 100.00 into change to hopefully  barter with the owner. I drive in to the trailer park like I own the place in my OJ white bronco and park right in front of this house,there's a group of 5-6 twenty something sideways hat ,pants on the ground dudes standing next door. Before I go the door I ask the group if anyone lives there and they say yes but their not sure where their at...... I go up the stairs to the door and knock and snap a couple pics , I knock again and nothing. I turn back and see these guys are gone , a couple getting into cars and others walking away pretty much leaving the scene, I walk to my Bronco and raise my phone to look at the photos. As I start to get in I see a women approaching from another trailer and she yells " who are you looking for " about then a group assembles around me of about 8-10 people I ask if she knows the owner of the house and she replies " Why " . I say " This might sound funny, but I want to know if they would be interested in selling their BBQ " She says  " What ?? " I point at the Weber and she says  " That " and I " Yes Ma'am that " Well its  my house and that's my husbands " I pull out my phone and show her the picture of the one that was posted on here and I say " I'm a collector and Ive always wanted one of these " I tell her the story and shes totally cool about it . I ask her if he uses it and she says not any more, but when here husband got home she would ask him about it . I pull out my wad of cash and say " I have cash money " Id give him thirty, forty bucks for it  and she immediately tries to call her husband with no luck . She asks for my phone number and agrees to let me know right away . I drive off the two blocks back to my house and as I walk in the phone rings " Hey Dave, I'm not going to wait for him if you want it , come get it " I ask her how much and she's says " you said thirty bucks right " And I said Yes Ma'am thirty bucks is fine. I went straight back and they had the grill waiting and the husband was there , he never said a word, but they were all smiles as I drove away, I think it was a win win for both parties.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2013, 10:31:53 AM »
Great story. Not all come with one, but this is a very good one.

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2013, 10:41:43 AM »
That was a great read!
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2013, 11:15:15 AM »
The story needed a couple of pitbulls and a guy in a t-shirt
The only thing better than BBQ is more BBQ
Black Performer -- 18-1/2" Coca-Cola OTS -- Mini WSM -- 18-1/2" WSM -- 1997 Blue OTG -- 2014 Jumbo Joe / WSM

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2013, 06:56:16 PM »
See we needed the story!  Fucking awesome...Great pictures, that's what I was talking about.  SO did you get it to work?

Oh and the handles are terrible, you need some fresh ones, then you will have something really special...
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2013, 02:00:55 AM »
Awesome story.... You deserve a couple of patches for that score
I'm not sure what the trailer park was like but I have images in my head of 8 mile Eminem style trailer park going on 
$30 can't complain with that, have you fired it up yet?
They pump out some serious heat
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Perving the trailer park !
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2013, 09:42:56 AM »
Thanks for the great comments , unfortunately right now it's just a looker not a cooker at some point in its hard life the gas knob and stem were removed for what ever reason. I hope to find another grill with parts someday.