Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Beef Shortys  (Read 711 times)

jmike314

• WKC Brave
Beef Shortys
« on: May 05, 2019, 06:38:23 PM »
Great weather this weekend - great days to get things done.

Had a pair of short ribs thawing in the fridge. Got up early today, prepped them and tossed them back in the fridge.

Totally cleaned and reorganized the garage and then fired up the WSM. Half filled the charcoal ring with Weber briquettes and stuck a couple good chunks of mesquite in the middle. Lit a half chimney of Embers briquettes and dumped them on top (that stuff lights fast and burns hot).

Got everything put together and dialed it in with the dome reading 225-250. Took a little more than 5.5 hours. Spritzed it every 45 minutes and took them of at 205 IT. These were immensely better than my first attempt at short ribs.

While the shorts were cooking I had a chance to finally get started on the red MT I picked up a while back - got the lid & bowl done. The other half got me the GBS grate for my birthday last month (she’s a keeper) - that and a new charcoal grate will become the red. I’ll get to the legs and ash pan next week.

Days as nice as this one can’t be wasted. Hope y’all got a chance to spend some time on the grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
“Crying is for little girls, babies, and men who just had their ears ripped off.” - Oobedoob Benubi

griz400

• WKC Brave
Re: Beef Shortys
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 02:49:04 AM »
good looking color .. wish i had smellavision ...

EddieGrillz

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 04:29:14 AM »
Fantastic job.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2019, 04:59:14 AM »

Nice!  Love beef short ribs.   Brisket on a stick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2019, 05:11:18 AM »
Looking good, I love short ribs, The MT is coming along nicely
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

crizpynutz

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2019, 10:15:21 AM »
Oh man....looks great!

foshizzle

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 09:12:12 AM »
Sounds like a great day. The ribs look really good. That red really shines....what a nice color.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app