Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Original Weber Replica  (Read 9945 times)

robs2

• WKC Brave
Original Weber Replica
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2018, 06:21:07 PM »
Additional info:

I connected with a Weber rep and was told that this grill is not porcelain enameled. These repos cannot be cooked on.

WTB: rubber-treaded wheels for 22” 69-70 Pat Pending.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 08:59:04 AM by robs2 »

Craig

• WKC Mod
Re: Original Weber Replica
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2018, 05:19:28 AM »
Love that replica! I hope to find one some day.

HOLY GRAILS: 1950s era Black or Custom finish 18.5 or 22.5 Kettle, Brown Go Anywhere grill.

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2018, 01:19:02 PM »

Might be worth contacting Weber and seeing if anyone there can say how it's made.

Because if it's actually porcelain enameled paint, cook on it!

I sent an email w pics to Weber. Haven't heard back yet. I'll let y'all know what they say if I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

I am ressurecting this to see if you ever heard back from Weber.  Love this story!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

robs2

• WKC Brave
Original Weber Replica
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2018, 01:43:32 PM »
Additional info:

I connected with a Weber rep and was told that this grill is not enameled. These repos cannot be cooked on.

Yep.... I just posted a follow up to this yesterday. No go on porcelain enamel. It’s strictly a “looker”.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 06:55:32 AM by robs2 »

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2018, 08:25:49 PM »
No idea how I missed that!  Sorry!  Still...an awesome and rare looker!
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2018, 10:37:39 PM »
Sure looks like porcelain! There is plain enamel (paint) and porcelain enamel (glass). Why would Weber produce this only to paint it? I wouldn't trust some Rep. at Weber there are plenty of folks that can look at it and tell if it is porcelain.

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2018, 10:48:03 PM »
I wouldn't cook on it if you want to preserve its value even if it is porcelain. Would that be correct?

robs2

• WKC Brave
Original Weber Replica
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2018, 06:54:05 AM »
I wouldn't cook on it if you want to preserve its value even if it is porcelain. Would that be correct?

I’m not going to cook on it... heck, it’s the only one I can find out there in brand new, mint condition. Besides, the employee at Weber did some internal research on it for me and came back cautioning me not to cook on it as it’s not porcelain. She was definitive about it.

I was in Chicago and went to the Weber restaurant there a couple weeks ago. They have one like this but it’s beat to hell. Does anyone know of any others of these that exist?

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2018, 01:12:51 PM »

I’m not going to cook on it... heck, it’s the only one I can find out there in brand new, mint condition. Besides, the employee at Weber did some internal research on it for me and came back cautioning me not to cook on it as it’s not porcelain. She was definitive about it.

I was in Chicago and went to the Weber restaurant there a couple weeks ago. They have one like this but it’s beat to hell. Does anyone know of any others of these that exist?

Hard to believe. But I guess it don't matter you're not going to cook on it anyway.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

robs2

• WKC Brave
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2022, 05:33:41 PM »
Just saw this video on YouTube about another one of these replicas.

https://youtu.be/N5Cwsu2MA60

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club